Kindle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Okay.... I just finished chapter 16 and I'm totally drained!  I am WAY more "invested" in this than I realized.  First I was upset with Reza for being able to leave his loyalty to humans behind (I thought)..... now I'm reeling because he can't.  Chapter 16 about tore me in half and I wasn't sure what I wanted him to do.... and yet the decision he made - walking away from what he had struggled so long to gain (and then some).... left me cheering for him and crying at the price he was paying.... along with with the Empress, TD and EZ. It made me feel like he's experiencing a "death" (and me along with him... thanks, Mike!  :'(  ) because the man he has become has decided to "die" to everything he has come to love and honor.... in order to not bring death to those of his heritage.  It's a self-sacrifice.... he cares more for the lives of other humans - that he doesn't even know - than he does for what his own life is and sharing it with those he's come to love.
     I totally agree with Gertie that the scene when he loses his bloodsong was the hardest for me to take.
     I've been doing really well with sticking close to our reading schedule but that's going out the window for the rest of this week-end.  I have to read more immediately!  Supper will have to be leftovers - I have no time to cook.  For some strange reason, I have a major craving for Dr. Pepper......  ::)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.