Kindle Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,708 Posts
Incidentally, apropos of nothing in particular, my son is home for Easter. . .he's enjoying In Her Name which I got for him in paper version.  He had a couple of friends over and mentioned it to them.  One asked who the author was and when I said "Michael Hicks" she said. . . ."I've heard of him!"  I gather she worked for several years in a book store. 

Ann

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
Incidentally, apropos of nothing in particular, my son is home for Easter. . .he's enjoying In Her Name which I got for him in paper version. He had a couple of friends over and mentioned it to them. One asked who the author was and when I said "Michael Hicks" she said. . . ."I've heard of him!" I gather she worked for several years in a book store.

Ann
What a crackup! Glad your son's enjoying the book!

Interesting about his friend knowing of a Michael Hicks. It's quite likely she isn't thinking of me, though (as cool as that might be for my little ego!): there are a ton of Michael Hicks's running around, including some other authors (although none of those "other guys" write about blue-skinned sword-wielding vixens!). In fact, there are four more of "me" at work! So I try to blame one of the others when I do something bad, although that never seems to work very well... ::)

One time a number of years ago I got an email. It was from Michael Hicks, addressed to a whole slew of other Michael Hicks's (including me, obviously). There must've been something like thirty or forty of us on there. He was trying to drum up interest in forming a "Michael Hicks Club". No, I didn't join - nobody else was interested in wearing underwear on their heads... ;D

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.