Kindle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
It's your Klub! :D

I mentioned to Jan over in that other Klub that I've read through Chapter 30. I think I was only supposed to read through 29.

But now that I'm there ...
Keel Tath's tomb, right?
;)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
gertiekindle said:
It's your Klub! :D
Ha! I think either the Kool Atomic Hat has scared everyone away, or they're already done with the book! LOL!!

I mentioned to Jan over in that other Klub that I've read through Chapter 30. I think I was only supposed to read through 29.

But now that I'm there ...
Keel Tath's tomb, right?
;)
I'm takin' the fifth! Hmmm, where's the paddle?? ;D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Yes, by offering a free Kindle 2! Oops, wait, that goes to the leader of the book club, sorry... LOL! ;D
Tease!!! Besides, I don't deserve it. I'm reading even further ahead.

NAH, NAH, I WAS RIGHT!!! Okay, choking up, here, so you know what part I'm up to.

For the benefit of those who I'm sure are lurking, I won't say anymore. I'll wait for Jan's excellent questions. (sigh)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
gertiekindle said:
Tease!!! Besides, I don't deserve it. I'm reading even further ahead.
Bad Gertie! Bad! ;D

NAH, NAH, I WAS RIGHT!!! Okay, choking up, here, so you know what part I'm up to.

For the benefit of those who I'm sure are lurking, I won't say anymore. I'll wait for Jan's excellent questions. (sigh)
The Plain of Aragon...cried myself the first time I read what I'd written. I guess the author's not supposed to do that, but I can't help it. I'm a big softy... :'(

·
Registered
133 Posts
OMG!  This book is driving me crazy because I can't stop reading!  I received my first Kindle on Tuesday and started In Her Name on Wednesday in order to catch up with the book klub.  Now, I have caught up and I can't put it down.  Must......find.....out......what.......happens! 

I will still try to answer the questions, but right now I want to finish the chapter I am on.  Thanks Mike for a great book that has made me laugh, cry, and cheer.....so far.

Kelly

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Dazlyn said:
OMG! This book is driving me crazy because I can't stop reading! I received my first Kindle on Tuesday and started In Her Name on Wednesday in order to catch up with the book klub. Now, I have caught up and I can't put it down. Must......find.....out......what.......happens!

I will still try to answer the questions, but right now I want to finish the chapter I am on. Thanks Mike for a great book that has made me laugh, cry, and cheer.....so far.

Kelly
I usually read 3-4 books at the same time. Sometimes I get to a point with one of the books where I have to stop reading anything else and finish it. I'm getting that feeling with this one.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Dazlyn said:
OMG! This book is driving me crazy because I can't stop reading! I received my first Kindle on Tuesday and started In Her Name on Wednesday in order to catch up with the book klub. Now, I have caught up and I can't put it down. Must......find.....out......what.......happens!

I will still try to answer the questions, but right now I want to finish the chapter I am on. Thanks Mike for a great book that has made me laugh, cry, and cheer.....so far.

Kelly
Cheater! LOL! ;D

Glad you're enjoying it so much - faaar better that than "Oh, I can put this down any old time and forget about it..." D'oh!

So, where are you in the story now?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I usually read 3-4 books at the same time. Sometimes I get to a point with one of the books where I have to stop reading anything else and finish it. I'm getting that feeling with this one.
your not done yet?!! How can you stand it? I stayed up all night and read book 2 through the end in one night. But then again, I have no job, no family, no life, no ummm hmmmm ok I have pets that beg for food when I forget then I remember to feed myself too! They also get huffy when it's bed time so I had to move to the bed to read so they could sleep!

Ok I'm going to take a chance here and ask "What do I need to do to get an autographed copy?" Since I need to purchase a hard copy for my sis to read I would love a signed copy. Ok ready.. set...go... oh btw, I have no threshold for pain so I could not survive life on the Kreelan home world so think of something else!! LOL :eek: ::) ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

theresam

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
bkworm8it said:
your not done yet?!! How can you stand it? I stayed up all night and read book 2 through the end in one night. But then again, I have no job, no family, no life, no ummm hmmmm ok I have pets that beg for food when I forget then I remember to feed myself too! They also get huffy when it's bed time so I had to move to the bed to read so they could sleep!
I have no "paying" job, but somehow I've evolved into the family chauffeur, homework grandma, school volunteer (10 hours a week) and all around gofer. I'm thinking of getting a pet so I have an excuse to stay home and enjoy my "retirement." :D

Yes, it's been tough to hold back, but I'm not entirely a saint. I have read a few chapters ahead
Jodi and Eustus are flying in to rescue Reza, and I can't see how that will turn out well

See, I'm just trying to take it easy on Jan. If I read too far ahead, she's going to have to work faster on those questions. ;)

Does that excuse work for you? ;D

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I have no "paying" job, but somehow I've evolved into the family chauffeur, homework grandma, school volunteer (10 hours a week) and all around gofer. I'm thinking of getting a pet so I have an excuse to stay home and enjoy my "retirement." :D

Yes, it's been tough to hold back, but I'm not entirely a saint. I have read a few chapters ahead
Jodi and Eustus are flying in to rescue Reza, and I can't see how that will turn out well

See, I'm just trying to take it easy on Jan. If I read too far ahead, she's going to have to work faster on those questions. ;)

Does that excuse work for you? ;D
LOL Gertie, everytime I'm unemployed I wonder how I managed a job and everything else! Seems I'm busier when I'm unemployed and I don't even have kids yet to worry about. Now that's going to be fun.

Part of me wishes I hadn't read the book. Then I would be enjoying it right now! I envy those who are just starting or still reading. The same thing as with Outlander. Sometimes I wish I hadn't already read them so I didn't know what was coming and wanting to avoid some of it!!

Good for you on helping Jan out. On that note - hey were are this weeks questions??????? Yeah I'm helpful <gggggg>

theresam

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
bkworm8it said:
Well, it's clear that you *do* have a job: pet servant! LOL! And it sounds just like one of our cats, Nina: when it's bedtime, she sprawls across the bed, shoving us all the way to one side. Good grief... ::)

Ok I'm going to take a chance here and ask "What do I need to do to get an autographed copy?" Since I need to purchase a hard copy for my sis to read I would love a signed copy. Ok ready.. set...go... oh btw, I have no threshold for pain so I could not survive life on the Kreelan home world so think of something else!! LOL :eek: ::) ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

theresam
Well, I'd certainly be happy to provide the autograph! ;D As for the mechanics of it, I suppose you could order it and have it delivered here, then PayPal me the cost to ship it to your sis (or back to you)? Courier pigeon (or African swallow, for those who remember Monty Python and the Holy Grail)...

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
gertiekindle said:
Jeez! I better stay at work so I don't have to work that much! LOL!

Um. Well, you probably already know by now how it turns out!

She's been giving me the evil eye this evening, muttering things about doing my own darn questions because she wants to read! D'oh! ;D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Well, I'd certainly be happy to provide the autograph! ;D As for the mechanics of it, I suppose you could order it and have it delivered here, then PayPal me the cost to ship it to your sis (or back to you)? Courier pigeon (or African swallow, for those who remember Monty Python and the Holy Grail)...
DG does signed bookplates. That's something you can design and print on your computer. One first class stamp to mail out and then the recipient can stick it on the inside of the book. Just a suggestion.

P.S. I'm falling asleep at the wheel, so I'll answer questions tomorrow. No rush since it's just you and me. :D

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
gertiekindle said:
DG does signed bookplates. That's something you can design and print on your computer. One first class stamp to mail out and then the recipient can stick it on the inside of the book. Just a suggestion.

P.S. I'm falling asleep at the wheel, so I'll answer questions tomorrow. No rush since it's just you and me. :D
Hey, great idea! I'll look into that. I hate the idea of folks having to spend more money on shipping stuff around...

You, me, Theresa, and the crickets! ;D Kelly was here a while ago, but she must've been like the rest of you and pulled an all-nighter reading, and is now semi-conscious somewhere... LOL!!

No matter - for everybody (lurking or otherwise), ENJOY!

BTW - the next set of questions are up at http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,4732.0.html

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
gertiekindle said:

I like that idea as well. Easier than shipping the book all over....Unless Mike keeps stacks of them around the house LOL. (of course by your response I'm guessing that's a No :D) anyhoo, let me know if this will work for you mike. I can send a SASE <ggggg> and would not mind using something to stick in the cover of the book. Otherwise I'll figure out another way but may have to wait until job since shipping is not so cheap these days :-\ :eek:!

theresam

·
Super Moderator
67,708 Posts
Well I finally got through Chapter 23.  Please note it is NOT because I'm not enjoying the book.  Simply that I'm not having the time I'd like to read.  But I've been doing a chapter (at least) per night.

So, Fr. Hernandez. . . .the disconnect with him seems to be that he started out as a pacifist but gets all het up about Reza.  At first it seemed incongruous but on the other hand, he was hoping for a Messiah type -- and I would expect, had a very specific picture in mind.  Peacemaker type, lion and lamb to lie down, turn the other cheek, swords into plowshares and all that.  But Reza is patently NOT that type so the only alternative is to see him as the Anti-Chirst, as it were, and to destroy him.  I was impressed that Reza was able to win him over and hope to see more philosophical discussion between the two. . .the government is not wise in keeping them apart because Fr. Hernandez may be the one who could get Reza talking about his belief system.  Or not, he's still got a problem with not seeing men as all the way worthy.

Jodi. . .I like. . . .strong character. . . .that Nicole is her roommate:  kind of a 'duh'; figured she'd have to show up sometime otherwise why dwell on their relationship on Hallmark.

I expect Reza will be somewhat indoctrinated into the Marines, but I expect that to an almost equal extent, the Marines will be indoctrinated into his "Way". . . . .and I expect he'll have Eustus ending up as one of the best and strongest Marines because he'll treat him -- to an extent -- the way EZ treated him.  Gotta get rid of that sadistic Captain though.  :)

Ann

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.