Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,702 Posts
Finished thru chapter 39 yesterday.  Wow.  O.K. when Eustus sat on the sharp thing my first thought was that it was some sort of Kreelan artifact, which made me think there was something coming.  But I didn't expect it quite so soon.

Thorella is such a cowardly b******.  Didn't even have the nerve to actually face Reza.  Just makes you hate him worse.  Belisle is just a greedy cowardly blowhard and he totally got his just deserts. 

Didn't surprise me that it was EZ who met Reza on the plain. . . .after all, she's to be the next Empress so who else would they send.  What I don't get is didn't Reza understand what it would do to her for her to have killed him.  Subsequently when they're talking about the Kreelans behaving oddly, Reza's explanation totally rings true.  He didn't say it but he's got to realize that it is EZ's melancholy that's causing the problem.  I can't decide if he thinks she's dead or if it's that the previous Empress is dead and EZ is just inconsolable at having had to kill him.

Nicole: hmm. . .she's tied to Reza a little more strongly than I thought.  I hope your fingers have figured something out to keep both of them from dying or else I might have to hate you for a little while.  :D

I wouldn't say the characters are caricatures. . . .it's meant to be entertaining, after all.  To some extent you have to know who's the good guy and who's the bad guy.  I would not object to one or two characters that you can't quite figure out. . .maybe that's what the critics are saying. 

I am finding the story very very satisfying.  I'm guessing that they'll be taking the Empress soul or whatever it was back to some sort of home planet and something else important will happen.  But they need Reza. . . .I kind of have a feeling that the fate of both cultures lies in humans and kreelans together somehow.  But give it's been decades of war between them, that's going to be hard to work out. . . .I'm interested to see how Reza gets out of his court martial predicament and/or keeps Nicole from dying as well and then saving the universe as we know it!

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,702 Posts
I have had more time to read these last couple of days, for whatever reason.  Wait, I know, nothing on TV but basketball! :D

We're doing a car trip down to Florida the end of the week, too, and I hope to get some reading in then. . .interesting trivia sidelight. . . I never could read in a car before Kindle, but it doesn't bother me now.  Still not good on a train or bus though. . .too much jerking and bumping.  Anyway, eventually April 15 will roll around and then I won't have to go to work every day and should be able to get going on Distant Cousin as well!

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,702 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Sounds fun! We're heading to AZ this Friday for a week of blessed warmth and sunshine. I'm sorry, but I'm a desert baby - I HATE being cold!! :-(
So Do I. And I got into the office this morning and I swear it wasn't more than 60 and the a/c was on. It's not a very big space and there were 6 computers running all weekend but it was still FREEZING. Our fingers were numb. We'd go down the hall to the bathroom to warm up and run warm water on our hands. :D But, hey, it's the Pentagon, and the office they've stashed us in this year is right next to the construction zone. . . .we're lucky to be there at all. Florida will be SO Nice! Even if it's only a couple of days.

Time to go read before bed. . . .

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,702 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
LOL! Hey, next time I happen to head down there I'll have to look you up. I don't go to the P-gon very often, but will keep that in mind.
That would be cool. This year the H&R Block office is room number 2A259. I'm there Monday thru Thursday (except this week only Monday thru Wednesday) and the office will be open until April 15. Next year we're supposed to be on the brand spankin' new concourse.

Ann

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.