Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Kindle since the end of Feb but I am new to kindleboards. I am a little behind on my accessories although the ones that I have I LOVE. Here are pics of my kindle. I am wanting one of the borsa bella bags (preferably one of the travel bags) but I don't know which would look good with the case and skin that I have. I also have plans to buy an Oberon red River Garden cover sometime in the near future. I have heard that you all are good at enabling so please help me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am trying to add pics but I can't seem to figure out how.  I have the Oberon Forest cover in fern and the Quest decalgirl skin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since you already own an Oberon cover, it shouldn't take too much to convince you of its beauty and overall quality.  I own the red River Garden and it is very nice as I'm sure you can tell from the many pictures on this board.  I too struggle with wanting a second cover but am holding off for now.  Good luck on your decision - I know you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I'm one of those who doesn't necessarily think the whole skin/cover/bag has to coordinate, let alone completely match. :) I have a fern Pond cover with a Monet's Waterlillies skin, and have BB bags in the following combinations:

Side zip regular bag: Red Japanese Combo

Naked Kindle bag: Stephanie's Plum

Travel bag: Martini dots (custom combo in pink & green; you can see the fabrics used here: http://www.borsabella.com/browse-the-borsa-bella-store/details/172/18/hobo-bags/martini-dots-reversible-hobo-bag)

The three bags sure as heck don't match each other, so there's no possible way they all match the Kindle! While the travel bag coordinates reasonably well with the K2 while in the Oberon, the fern cover & red bag probably don't match at all to most people. It just doesn't matter--most of the time, I'm the only one who sees the bag anyway. Trying to match a bag to both the Fern & Red covers isn't really possible, so get the bag you want in the fabric you love & don't worry about it!

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
kendall, check out the thread at the top of the Photos board. .  .it tells how to put a picture as part of your post. . .the key, I think, is that it is on line somewhere, and not just on your hard drive.

Ann

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
kendall83 said:
I have had my Kindle since the end of Feb but I am new to kindleboards. I am a little behind on my accessories although the ones that I have I LOVE. Here are pics of my kindle. I am wanting one of the borsa bella bags (preferably one of the travel bags) but I don't know which would look good with the case and skin that I have. I also have plans to buy an Oberon red River Garden cover sometime in the near future. I have heard that you all are good at enabling so please help me.

Kendall, when I look at your post, there is no address to your picture, just http://. You used the img tags correctly, you just need to get the right URL in there. As Ann said, there is a post in the Photos board about how to post pics. What browser are you using?

AND, you are in the right place for some major enabling!

Betsy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for helping me figure out how to post pics. Here is my baby (and even though I have children I do not feel bad for calling it that). Sometimes I feel like Gimli and it's my precious. I'll probably end up buying the River Garden cover and a couple of BB bags. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
57 Posts
kendall83 said:
Thanks for helping me figure out how to post pics. Here is my baby (and even though I have children I do not feel bad for calling it that). Sometimes I feel like Gimli and it's my precious. I'll probably end up buying the River Garden cover and a couple of BB bags. Any suggestions?

i really like that combo of cover & skin!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really like that combo of cover & skin!
Thank you. Normally I am big on buyer's remorse, I always feel like there is something more important that I should have spent the money on, but oddly enough I have not felt any remorse at any purchases that involve my Kindle.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I thought a long while before buying my Oberon cover. . .had an M-edge and it was fine, and none of the original designs really wowed me. . .they were pretty but that's all.  Then, when Creek Bed Maple became available I decided I'd held out long enough.  (I like River Garden too, but would want it in blue or purple.)  Anyway, the point is, every time I pick up my Kindle in the Oberon cover, I experience contentment.  :)

Ann

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't even think about it.  I heard of Oberon from an Amazon message board and went to their website.  As soon as a saw them I ordered one.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have the Borsa Bella travel bag in Popping Spring. I got it to go with a jade green M-edge cover OR an Oberon in the fern color.  It looks terrifici!  ;D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just do what I did, and pick your own fabric and send it to Melissa at Borsa Bella, she does custom orders!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
kendall83 said:
I really like this one. Thank you, I will probably go with it. Although I'll probably order others too. I can'y help it, that's why I'll probably get another Oberon.
Most of us are very good at saying yes to accessories, very bad at saying no.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
akjak said:
I think I'd buy this:
http://www.borsabella.com/browse-the-borsa-bella-store/details/41/14/original-kindle-bag---top-zip-or-side-zip/geisha-kindle-bag

It goes with both your current combo, and also with River Garden should you take the plunge on that.

Having said that, I have this with red River Garden:

I don't find this pattern on her site now, but she called it Shower Clouds.
That's a lovely combinatiion, akjak. And I think the green leaf in 'shower clouds' would coordinate nicely with Kendall83's fern forest cover. Love the Orient skin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts