Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my Kindle, I kept it in the Amazon cover. Then when I got my Oberon, I kept it in that cover. Then, whilst reading the boards, I came across a post that someone said they read their Kindle outside of their covers about 70% of the time. WELL! That really got me thinking!!! What do you do? I always had mine in a cover, but tried to read last night without a cover, and I loved it! So, now, some time in, some time out...u??

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I mix it up a bit. When reading in bed or just reading I take it out of it's cover. However when I want to set it on my lap and do other things i read in cover. Out of the house I always keep the cover on.  :D

theresam

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the amazon cover, always.  (K1)  I read every night to go to sleep since I am a terrible insomniac.  I read one-handed, on my side, and the cover actually gives me more leverage to hold it without accidentally hitting a button.

While traveling, I feel better knowing that all I have to do is fold the cover closed and the screen is protected.  There is nothing better than a kindle to help kill a 4-hour-plus layover at an airport; you either read while listening to your mp3s or someone will recognize it and you get to while away the time as you have a discussion with them about your kindle.

8)

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Always in my M-Edge cover. It's easier to hold, IMO, and props up better if I'm leaning on the couch arm at home.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
95% of the time with a cover, I switch between an Oberon, Strangedog and Stylz most of the time but once in a while use the original on my Klassic Kindle.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I keep it in my Oberon when I read, but when I read to my son I have to dress it in my frog Strange Dog.  He requests my Kindle wears a different outfit for him...LOL! :D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I have a KK (through eBay & it came w/ an M-edge cover). I actually have it out of the cover most of the time; I prefer reading it that way (it feels more comfortable) and I happened to have a "purse organizer" case left over from a long time ago into which my KK fits perfectly w/o it's cover. Once I get my skin (waiting on DecalGirl to get the netbook skin Coffee Break made into a KK skin, then it won't be nekkid and it will still be protected in the purse organizer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine stays in my M-Edge cover almost all the time, since it's so comfortable to hold that way. Before the cover arrived, I comfortably read my Kindle nekkid (the Kindle, certainly not me) on a plane trip, just using a pouch to protect the Kindle in my backpack until I had another option.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I read mine in the Patagonia cover.  It's a bit too heavy and too slippery to read outside the case.

If they put a non-slip coating on the back or a couple of ridges to help hold it, it'd be fine.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I actually prefer reading my K2 outside of the cover, but I read with it in the cover about 90% of the time.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Probably in the cover 70-80% of the time while reading.  Always in the cover when I put it down someplace--usually onto an easel, cover & all.  Or there's usually a BorsaBella bag right nearby to drop it into if I'm getting up for a few minutes.

I do like to read it "nekkid" because of the light weight, but the cover does provide a better grip sometimes for those of us with hand issues.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I keep my K2 (with the DecalGirl Dissarray skin) in the original Amazon cover all the time.  And I take it with me almost everywhere.  Commute to work on WashDC metrorail for an hour each way.  Read at lunch, etc.  Always in the cover, just like a book.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I read K2 inside the Oberon cover 100% of the time. If I didn't, an Oberon or M-Edge wouldn't really work for me. If I was going to be reading it "naked," I'd keep it in a sleeve, not a cover.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I haven't taken mine out of its Amazon cover since I got it. Never occurred to me to read it totally nekkid. Maybe I'll try that later... it might make me feel a little naughty, though.

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Radar is pretty much always in his Oberon cover.  It may be just my perception, but he seems to connect easier to Whispernet when he is out of the cover, so unless I am downloading, he is covered.  I prefer the lightness of reading without the cover, but it is a protection issue so I don't.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts