Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ON my kindle 1 I could just do a search and if anything wasn't indexed it would show up with search results as "__ many not yet indexed".  On Kindle 2 it doesn't do that. I know a book has not been indexed, or say the NY times, because I have them on my Kindle less than 2 minutes.  So on Kindle 2 how do I find what hasn't been indexed?  It doesn't show up with search, because I've downloaded 3 big books at one time, then did a search of main screen and it doesn't show the "# not yet indexed". 

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I've gotten the message on the K2 that something wasn't indexed yet.  I am wondering how fast indexing is now.  I downloaded two books, one after the other.  After I downloaded the 1st book, I immediately ran a search on a word I knew it contained and got search results from that book.  When I attempted to view the results from the book, I got an error, ran the search again; got the same search results, but was able to open it this time.  That was a global search. 

I next went to my archives and pulled a book down from Amazon (it had not previously been on this Kindle) and ran another search.  I got my results back immediately.  Both searches were within 20 seconds of downloading the book.

That is either some super-fast indexing or the index is contained in the book.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts