Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very new to the Kindle world, but in the two weeks I've had my Kindle 2 I've become aware that it would be nice to have some kind of indication on the home page if a book has been read.  I'm reading a lot of samples and after awhile I can't remember just from the title/author if I've read it yet or not.  Or is there way that I'm not aware of that would serve this same function?

·
Registered
291 Posts
For want of a better word, those 'dots' underneath the title become bolded or bigger to indicate how far you have read in the book/sample.  When all the dots are bold/big then you know you've read the book/sample.

Kerri

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sienna_98 said:
For want of a better word, those 'dots' underneath the title become bolded or bigger to indicate how far you have read in the book/sample. When all the dots are bold/big then you know you've read the book/sample.
That's how I tell if I've read a particular book -- or that I stopped reading that book half-way through...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
has anyone have it happen that books that you recently read don't have the darker dots after awhile - I have had 3 or 4 books that the darker dots went back to light dots....

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
That is possibly because you went back to the front of the book.  Sometimes I go to the end of a book so the dots will darken on purpose because I don't want to read or finish the book, but don't want to delete it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I like to put a note in the book with the date that I finished the book and any comments if I liked it.  This way, I can look at my clippings and see it there.  I also delete a book after I read it so that I don't try reading it again.

I think with samples you can use WisperNet and pick 'save for later.' I haven't used that function yet, but I think it is like a wish list for the kindle.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
This is what I love about KB. I never even gave a thought to the little dots on the home screen. Love this tip. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts