Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who write both short stories and novels, do you indicate in your novel blurbs/descriptions that it's a novel? I indicate my shorts are shorts, but I was wondering about if people do the opposite too.

·
Registered
I'm working on my will to live.
653 Posts
It's really sad that we probably should. Personally, I don't want dumb people reading my books at all.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I would only go out of my way to indicate that my novel was a, well, novel, if I were primarily a short story writer and that's what I was well known for.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hildred said:
I would only go out of my way to indicate that my novel was a, well, novel, if I were primarily a short story writer and that's what I was well known for.
This. Most of my work is going to be novella length with a few sprinkles of full length novels.
So I plan on indicating they're novels in the blurb.
Although I think a price difference would be a good indicator.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hildred said:
My best/deepest/most important works are the novels but I currently have 6 shorts and only 2, soon 3 novels out. Guess it might be time to add that descriptor...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts