Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am not an author, but I am an avid reader.  After Amazon forced out the authors from the genre forums and restricted them to the "Meet the Authors" community, I created my site.  It is in an effort to reach out to Indies and small pub authors in particular.  

There is a page where you can advertise your books (refer to page two on the site).  After you do so, I add them to the appropriate genre pages so readers can find them easier.  An author listing, with each author's website, is maintained as well. The book giveaway page has been popular and generates reviews from other readers.   There are daily threads that allow authors and readers to interact.  Some authors have also begun to guest blog with their own writing.  In addition to this, I am also a reviewer and have a page where you can submit your book for my review.  It is titled "To the Authors".  The list is growing so it could take some time to get to you, but I promise to do so.  If I like your book, then it may get it's own special post on my blog where I will tell everyone else about it.  Please feel free to stop by and check the site out.  Here is the address:

Mistressofthedarkpath.wordpress.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be happy to see you all there!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Laura, nice to see you here.  I knew I recognized your name.  You have at least one book on my site already, but are welcome to post more  ;D

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Just wanted to say that I've contacted Mistress/Suzie when she first announced her blog over in Meet The Authors and she's very professional and courteous. My turn at bat hasn't come up just yet, but she prepares well ahead of time, and courteously, for each author she works with.

A very nice book blogger to correspond with, for sure. :) Recommended.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lisa, that is the page to post advertisements on.  Sorry, I should have been specific on that!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Craig, I appreciate your kind words!

·
Registered
997 Posts
suzie00369 said:
Hello everyone, I am not an author, but I am an avid reader. After Amazon forced out the authors from the genre forums and restricted them to the "Meet the Authors" community, I created my site. It is in an effort to reach out to Indies and small pub authors in particular.

There is a page where you can post info on your books. After you do so, I add them to the appropriate genre pages so readers can find them easier. An author listing page with each author's website is maintained as well. There are daily threads that allow authors and readers to interact. I am also a reviewer and have a page where you can submit your book for my review. It is titled "To the Authors". The list is growing so it could take some time to get to you, but I promise to do so. If I like your book, then it may get it's own special post on my blog where I will tell everyone else about it. Please feel free to stop by and check the site out. Here is the address:

Mistressofthedarkpath.wordpress.com
This is very thoughtful of you, ear reader. Thanks a lot. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wonderful idea Suzie, I have posted my book. Sorry I forgot to put the amazon URL if you get a chance, can you email me. Many thanks - Micki

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Beatrice Brusic said:
This is very thoughtful of you, ear reader.
A new technology is announced! Forget Kindle and nook... We're now in the ear reader era! Woo! ;)

(sorry, bea...)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Micki, I will add it for you.  Don't worry about it  ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Craig, I knew that was just a typo, but your response made me laugh!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks for doing this. I hope it goes well for everyone.

I've bookmarked your site for when I get out the new edition of my second published novel.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts