Kindle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sounds good Robert.  Definitely stop by and post your book when it is available!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Generous offer, thank you. I have left a message on your blog.  ;D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Thanks Suzie,
This is a great idea. Any support for writers by readers is SO appreciated. Sometimes it's like your standing on a mountain screaming about your book. You wonder if people can hear you. Of course, I'm hoping for the echo effect.  ;D Good to know there are different mountains out there to scream upon.

Just left all my info on my books on your blog. Great work! Thanks again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks for all the responses so far!  I am steadily working my way through on getting everyone posted onto the genre page and author listing.  If you have any questions, feel free to message me here or through my email (it is listed on the About Me page of my blog).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Tiffany, that is one of the reasons I started the blog.  I could see how frustrated many authors are with getting the word out and the many road blocks Indies (and small published authors) face.  There are some great books out there that can often be as good, if not better, than the big Pub authors.  I wish you all the best of luck and hope my site helps in some way.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Hi, Suzie,

Congrats on launching your review site. For consistency, we're moving your thread to our Book Bazaar, which is the place we allow posts about member books, blogs, and websites. (See our Forum Decorum for our posting rules about that.)

I would also recommend adding a link to your review site to your signature area. That link will then appear wherever you post in our boards.

-Harvey

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thanks so much, Suzie! Really like how you've set up your blog and appreciate your willingness to help indie authors. I've posted to your ad page :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
suzie00369 said:
Hello everyone, I am not an author, but I am an avid reader. After Amazon forced out the authors from the genre forums and restricted them to the "Meet the Authors" community, I created my site. It is in an effort to reach out to Indies and small pub authors in particular.

Mistressofthedarkpath.wordpress.com
Just wanted to chime in that I posted my book on Suzie's site weeks ago, as well as did a giveaway of my book. Suzie is wonderful and so very helpful. I would highly recommend her site as a great resource for all authors.

Pamela

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Harvey, thanks for putting it in the right place.  I wasn't for sure where that would be!  Also, I will follow your suggestion about the signature!

·
Super Moderator
67,387 Posts
To add to what Harvey said, here's our usual "welcome" post. :)

Please note that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome but self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . follow the directions there to be listed. :)

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
5 Posts
suzie00369 said:
Thanks for all the responses so far! I am steadily working my way through on getting everyone posted onto the genre page and author listing. If you have any questions, feel free to message me here or through my email (it is listed on the About Me page of my blog).
I'm a new UK Kindle author and I'd like to promote my novel [[ASIN:B0055O0NQC The Secret]] here. How can I do this please? I'm totally useless with anything technical :-[. Any advice or help would be most appreciated. :) Of course if you would prefer to pm me, my email is: [email protected] ... Thanks.
Regards
Jan Warburton

21 - 40 of 52 Posts