Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh this is not the plot of book I am talking about here  ;)  Instead, I have been pondering the idea of indie filmmakers and indie authors coming together.  Are the two worlds that far apart?

One of the concerns of many indie filmmakers is good quality scripts.  Today with a number of books becoming adapted for the big screen, I wonder if indie filmmakers would consider indie author books.  The problem I see is that we live in two different worlds.  Forums and blogs are dedicated to either indie authors or indie filmmakers rarely do the two cross worlds.

I am only pondering here, but I wonder if there should or even could be a connection between the two worlds.  This would definitely take indie publishing and indie authorship to a whole new level. 

Just my thoughts, yours?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Having a place where indie authors and indie filmakers cross paths is an interesting idea. Where do most indie filmakers get their scripts? Maybe some of them look on amazonstudios.com? It's not quite what you're describing, but it's the closest thing I can think of off the top of my head.

83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that is pretty close to what I had in mine.  I would like to see more of a communication between indie authors who have books they would like to see on the big screen.  I see a lot of screenwriters and indie filmmakers but not indie authors with books.  Just a thought.

83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that's interesting Edward,

Some screenwriters over at writemovies.com are considering the same thing.  You can definitely have more books on the market than movies and screenwriters are finding the indie author option a great opportunity.  Are you doing it in script format or are you completely converting it to a novel?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
A script of mine got shot last year by an indie group out in Virginia. The Fellows Hip: Rise of the Gamers. Low budget, seat of the pants. Great fun.

I'd say just beat the bushes around you to find out what your local scene is. You might turn up some young Napoleon Dynamites.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts