Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new book blog Indie Snippets is now live.

In the effort of promoting the work of indie authors - myself included - I knew I'd have to do more than just blog about my own journey.

So my answer is a blog that features sample excerpts from ANYWHERE within the indie author's novel. Got a dialogue exchange halfway through the book that you're especially proud of? Want to show off a particular passage that exemplifies your prose? As long as it's under 200 words, you can submit it. I'll post the snippet along with an image linked to the book's product detail page at Amazon.

It's basically the literature version of scene clips actors feature on Leno, Letterman, and other TV talk shows to promote their new movies.

This adds another tool for indie authors to get their voices heard, and their work noticed. I hope you'll take advantage of it. Please stop by www.indiesnippets.blogspot.com and click on the Submissions tab.

Update: I'm informing everyone via email when their snippets are posted.

Best of luck to you all! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seven is a good number.

I think this is the most posts I'll publish in a day. After all, I want to make sure you get maximum exposure for each snippet you submit. I've included categories as well as LinkWithin's 'You Might Like' widget so readers can discover your snippets long after you've posted them. Keep that in mind. So far LinkWithin isn't showing squat, but it takes time. Eventually it'll look all nice and pretty with thumbnails of your book covers under the posts. Check out For the Love of Cooking for an example. Yeah, I like to cook up more than just words and websites. :)

Anyway, seven posts per day for now. I'm good with seven.

"What's in the box!?" (let's see if anyone gets the reference). ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,796 Posts
I already got a sale from my listing, so I'm thrilled.

One sale is still a big deal to a book as new as mine, and as a first-time author.

My rank jumped up from 180,000 to 46,000 with that one sale. Whoo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
Bryan R. Dennis said:
Seven is a good number.

I think this is the most posts I'll publish in a day. After all, I want to make sure you get maximum exposure for each snippet you submit. I've included categories as well as LinkWithin's 'You Might Like' widget so readers can discover your snippets long after you've posted them. Keep that in mind. So far LinkWithin isn't showing squat, but it takes time. Eventually it'll look all nice and pretty with thumbnails of your book covers under the posts. Check out For the Love of Cooking for an example. Yeah, I like to cook up more than just words and websites. :)

Anyway, seven posts per day for now. I'm good with seven.

"What's in the box!?" (let's see if anyone gets the reference). ;)
The grossed-me out ending to the movie Seven, starring a Brad Pitt? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CraigInTwinCities said:
I already got a sale from my listing, so I'm thrilled.

One sale is still a big deal to a book as new as mine, and as a first-time author.

My rank jumped up from 180,000 to 46,000 with that one sale. Whoo!
That's what I like to see! Good for you! :)

Kpfowler said:
The grossed-me out ending to the movie Seven, starring a Brad Pitt? lol
Yeah, that was an easy one. One of the most disturbing endings in movie history. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
I like the idea of snippets. Will send one.  :)
And if you get low on submissions, why don't you advertise it on Amazon's forum MTA? I'm sure a lot of writers there would love to participate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
elalond said:
I like the idea of snippets. Will send one. :)
And if you get low on submissions, why don't you advertise it on Amazon's forum MTA? I'm sure a lot of writers there would love to participate.
Okay, you've drawn the curtains and exposed the wizard for what he truly is: What does MTA stand for? Sorry. I'm still learning to tie my shoes here. :D
 
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Top