Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!  I spoke w/somebody at Noreve about their upcoming case for the K2.  Here is what I found out:

No hinges.  The K2 will slide in (from the spine side) on two 'rails' - one each top and bottom.  I asked it there would be an opening for the power cord on the bottom rail and was told there will be.  Lots of small pockets on the left interior for ID, papers, etc.  He said this will be similar to the interior pockets in their current travel wallet.  He told me they are very excited about this product and that, in their opinion, it will be much better than their case for the K1.  The price will be $10-$15 more than the price for the K1 cover.  I really hope I like it because this is the cover I *hope* to get for my K2.

If you are interested you can sign up on their website to be contacted when the K2 covers are available.  He indicated they will be available to order starting March 18th.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
I noticed on the website the price has jumped from $59 to $65 for the k1 cases so if this will be $15 more its a bit too pricey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
luvmy4brats said:
Thank you. I think I want to get an orange cover from them. I got a cover for my ipod touch and was very impressed with the quality.

Here's the link for the sign-up:
http://www.noreveusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=2232
Like you, I bought the Amazon cover to 'tide me over' until the Noreve comes out. Well, I am about to be on my third Amazon cover (it will be here tomorrow) after having two defective ones (one had bubbles in the leather, one had a bad spine) so I hope the Noreve is what I am expectiing. I have a feeling this third Amazon cover will be going back, too. Also thinking about an Oberon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
hmm. i am really interestred to see it, and it is the cover I want from an aesthetic point of view. I wonder what mechanism they will have to keep the kindle from sliding right back out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
modkindle said:
hmm. i am really interestred to see it, and it is the cover I want from an aesthetic point of view. I wonder what mechanism they will have to keep the kindle from sliding right back out.
If it's anything like the case I have for my ipod, it's a snug enough fit that it won't slide out. There's also a small tab to keep it from sliding out the other side
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
gwen10 said:
Like you, I bought the Amazon cover to 'tide me over' until the Noreve comes out. Well, I am about to be on my third Amazon cover (it will be here tomorrow) after having two defective ones (one had bubbles in the leather, one had a bad spine) so I hope the Noreve is what I am expectiing. I have a feeling this third Amazon cover will be going back, too. Also thinking about an Oberon.
Sounds like me. I had a amazon cover and I noticed the glue was coming up on the spine and it caused it to be dificult to latch the top hinge so I had them replace that. The replacement has something funky going on with the spine so I give up. Like the hinge system but the cover still has some problems. I have a cole haan grain saddle cover that I love anyway. I only would be interested in this one because I really want a blue cover as well and m-edge cases don't interest me. I think they are too bulky and have way to much spine so I am looking forward to seeing the design.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lisanr said:
Sounds like me. I had a amazon cover and I noticed the glue was coming up on the spine and it caused it to be dificult to latch the top hinge so I had them replace that. The replacement has something funky going on with the spine so I give up. Like the hinge system but the cover still has some problems. I have a cole haan grain saddle cover that I love anyway. I only would be interested in this one because I really want a blue cover as well and m-edge cases don't interest me. I think they are too bulky and have way to much spine so I am looking forward to seeing the design.
Lisa, would you say the Cole Haan cover is the same size as the Amazon cover?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Yes, about the same maybe a little thinner actually. I would say its an ounce lighter also but thats just guessing. Feels a bit lighter though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know we've all been buzzing about the fabulous Oberon covers, but tomorrow is the day Noreve is supposed to unveil the K2 cover...  :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
luvmy4brats said:
I have a new coupon code for Noreve USA

NewColors = 15% off

offer expires April 15th
Thanks Luv! Hopefully the case will be great and we will all get a chance to use it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I have a new coupon code for Noreve USA

NewColors = 15% off

offer expires April 15th
Thanks for sharing! Have been visiting their site since my K2 arrived.....it's a bit like Christmas Eve!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
gwen10 said:
I know we've all been buzzing about the fabulous Oberon covers, but tomorrow is the day Noreve is supposed to unveil the K2 cover... :)
Cool, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
Where are they?? I thought the grand unveiling was today but I don't see them anywhere.  Someone post a link if/when they're up.  Thanks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kari said:
Where are they?? I thought the grand unveiling was today but I don't see them anywhere. Someone post a link if/when they're up. Thanks!!
Not on the site yet, I signed up to receive an email when the product available so I'll definitely post after I get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
gwen10 said:
Not on the site yet, I signed up to receive an email when the product available so I'll definitely post after I get it.
I signed up for that too actually and haven't received anything yet. Maybe it won't be today after all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Lisanr said:
I only would be interested in this one because I really want a blue cover as well and m-edge cases don't interest me. I think they are too bulky and have way to much spine so I am looking forward to seeing the design.
I too want a blue case and the Sapphire m-edge color is just right, but I too am avoiding it due to the bulky spine. I even ordered one for my K1 a while back and returned it for that very reason. The Amazon cover is working well for my K2, but I still would prefer something in blue (a teal shade if possible), so I'm waiting to see what the Noreve looks like.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top