Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my book and have uploaded it to IngramSpark, the ebook version has already been accepted and I am still waiting for the approval of the printed version.

I have said in the forum that IS does not pay good royalties for ebooks and that this is not convenient to work with them (on ebooks), but being my first self publication I wanted to try.

My big question is whether I can now also publish an ebook and a printed book with amazon, I understand that I can; but I have read and re-read the IS conditions and this point is not clear to me.

Can someone give me some feedback on this?

By the way, I have not accepted the "Amazon (Kindle) Ebook Addendum" condition of IS.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't recommend you publish your ebook through Ingram. I would only publish your paperback there.

If you still want to publish your ebook on Ingram, while also publishing it separately on Amazon, you have to publish it on Amazon FIRST. When they try to sell your ebook on Amazon, they or their bots will note your book is up for sale and will not sell your book on that retailer. That also goes for other retailers like Apple. If you don't, they will distribute it automatically to all retailers and you won't be able to publish it independently in the future (I mean, you can, but it can be a difficult long process taking a couple months).

For most of us on Kboards, we don't like this. We prefer publishing to various retailers independently so we can take advantage of extra marketing things, as well as get up-to-the-minute sales reporting. If, however, you don't care about the extra marketing stuff (and, that's okay, some don't want to be bothered), then they can take care of selling your ebook on all retailers for you. They can be your publisher of sorts.

(don't know what they mean by the "Amazon ebook addendum")

Now to completely confuse you (hopefully I'm doing the opposite with all this), paperbacks are very different. You can be published on both. Just don't click "expanded distribution" for paperbacks on Amazon (but, btw, I publish my paperback on Amazon first just in case).

Edited or clarity}

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can absolutely have a print book distributed on IS and Amazon; that's not true with eBooks. If you want to distribute eBooks on Ingram, then email them and ask them to remove Amazon Kindle as a distribution channel. They eBook rates are not great, but I think they're changing the structure this year--I think it goes into effect next month. You can read about it below. If I understand it right, they will pay a 85% royalty instead of the old rate:

https://www.ingramspark.com/blog/ingramsparks-new-agreements

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your answers.

Maybe this is confusing to me because I am not a native English speaker, and I find the way it is written on the IngramSpark site confusing.

But I think that by not accepting the "Amazon (Kindle) Ebook Addendum" then IngramSpark is not going to put my book on Amazon.

But by the looks of it, this is something that was implemented recently.

·
Registered
570 Posts
catslover said:
Thank you both for your answers.

Maybe this is confusing to me because I am not a native English speaker, and I find the way it is written on the IngramSpark site confusing.
I think it is confusing. You can PM me if I can help out further. I'm familiar with the subject because I once accidentally clicked on ebook for expanded distribution with Ingram and I had to contact them by phone to remove from Apple distribution.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alhawke said:
I think it is confusing. You can PM me if I can help out further. I'm familiar with the subject because I once accidentally clicked on ebook for expanded distribution with Ingram and I had to contact them by phone to remove from Apple distribution.
Thank you! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts