1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yes, often.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Yes. I will reread a favorite book or series multiple times. There are times when I'm tired and just want to enjoy reading a book that I know I'll enjoy. It helps me relax. I also have a husband that is a non-stop talker (even in his sleep), so when I'm home it is easier to just read something that I don't mind being interrupted with while reading. He's a sweetheart so I really don't mind. :) I travel a lot so I save my new books to read when flying and in the hotel on my own.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep - all the time. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for something familiar, sometimes there's a movie coming out, so I re-read the book, sometimes the book was just that good. But I do it rather often.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yep, all the time.  It was one of my main reasons for getting a Kindle.  I was running out of book space and I couldn't give away any of my books because it would never fail I would want to reread it sometime down the line and just have to go buy it again.  With the Kindle all I have to do is download it from my archives when I get into the mood to reread something.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Absolutely. I did that even with dead tree books -- but it's even easier with the Kindle. It's really unlocked my curiosity -- I let me interests run wild, and download book after book.

In fact when I first got my Kindle, it was almost six months before I finally finished one -- though I'd started reading over 100! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I guess I'm the odd one out! I rarely reread books unless it's been years, and even then the likelihood of me finishing the re-read is low.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kindlegrl81 said:
Yep, all the time. It was one of my main reasons for getting a Kindle. I was running out of book space and I couldn't give away any of my books because it would never fail I would want to reread it sometime down the line and just have to go buy it again. With the Kindle all I have to do is download it from my archives when I get into the mood to reread something.
Yup, that's me. That's exactly why I got a Kindle.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Evilcyber said:
Why should I handle re-reading a book I like differently on the Kindle? :)
I didnt make that distinction. Maybe I should! From some of the responses, people said:

1. It was easier to do so
2. They had so many books they couldnt keep track and re-read some by accident!

LOL

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Yes. I re-read books all the time.
In fact, I've literally read some books to pieces and can only hope they show up eventually as ebooks since they are out of print.

Having a bad memory helps with the mysteries. :) I can't remember a month later who did anything. hahaha So re-reading them is always a joy.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts