Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
She could have at least used spell-check on her own post...

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
sigrosenblum said:
Well, she covered that by asking us to "read forgivingly."
I'll read forgivingly for everyone except those whose profession is writing.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
lkcampbell said:
Oops! Well, forgive me for posting the link.
Oh, please don't misunderstand! She does have some very good things to say. Just because Sig and I gleefully pounce on some people's writing imperfections doesn't mean your posting wasn't appreciated. :)

(Sig, I think we'll have to limit the pouncing to the Grammar thread.... :-\ :D)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Oh, please don't misunderstand! She does have some very good things to say. Just because Sig and I gleefully pounce on some people's writing imperfections doesn't mean your posting wasn't appreciated. :)

(Sig, I think we'll have to limit the pouncing to the Grammar thread.... :-\ :D)
I agree. All posts are certainly appreciated. But there is a sensible middle ground between slavish acceptance and ill-tempered denunciation. Personally, I welcome the variety of views we see on KB. This is healthy. So, please, don't apologise. And, Susan, your "pouncing" is always eddifying!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Leslie said:
Isn't it edifying?

(Leslie ducks and runs...)

L
Stop running. We love you. Perhaps I missed it, but the KB spell-check didn't slap my wrist, so I posted. I do find many instances of "eddify." But these seem to be from like-minded mis-spellers. The authorities (and I include Leslie) seem to prefer "edify." So "I Surrender, Dear." Thanks, as usual.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
lkcampbell said:
I assure you the link was offered in a spirit of goodwill for information purposes only.
And that's how your post was taken. The good-natured nitpicking was not in any way directed at you. Peace...

·
Registered
516 Posts
lkcampbell said:
Not sure what you mean by this, but there are no ill-tempered denunciations here. I assure you the link was offered in a spirit of goodwill for information purposes only.
Over and out.
As a writer, I seem to have failed here. What I meant was this: When someone such as yourself posts something, those of us who read this welcome post can either:

1. Agree wholeheartedly.
2. Reject it vehemently.
3. Or accept some of it while pointing out the things that we don't quite accept.

I was simply saying that #3 is the ideal. And once again: Thank you for the post. We recognize and appreciate your goodwill. And we value the information.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Oh Sig, you beat me to it.  I was just coming back to this thread to clarify how I thought you had meant that earlier post, because it appeared from another thread that it had been misunderstood. 

So now I can put my after-the-fact-diplomacy hat away and go fix lunch...  :D

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
This is a little off topic, but I'm new to this forum and I wanted to say something.

One thing I have enjoyed about this forum, as opposed to the Amazon Kindle Forum, is that it is filled with authors. That, to me, means that the posts are written with an eye to good spelling and grammar. Sure, there are exceptions, but overall the posts here are much more articulate.

Anyone can make an error; I've had my share. However, it seems that here, people just take more pride in the way they express themselves.

;)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
RedAdept said:
This is a little off topic, but I'm new to this forum and I wanted to say something.

One thing I have enjoyed about this forum, as opposed to the Amazon Kindle Forum, is that it is filled with authors. That, to me, means that the posts are written with an eye to good spelling and grammar. Sure, there are exceptions, but overall the posts here are much more articulate.

Anyone can make an error; I've had my share. However, it seems that here, people just take more pride in the way they express themselves.

;)
Thank you and welcome, Red. Most of us inkslingers here do indeed try our hardest to get things right when we write, and rejoice when it's noticed.

Wholeheartedly agreed, this place truly is an oasis. Enjoy the waters. :)

CK

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I think most of us here in The Book Bazaar are excessive compulsives about saying what we mean and meaning what we say. I think it's kind of tough to do so when typos and misspellings get in the way. I am quite freakish about my posts. You'll be hard pressed to find any of my posts that hasn't been edited for some reason or another. Seeing how obsessed most of the authors here are about writing error-free posts, I think I'm in good company. ;)

Edit: See what I mean?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts