Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I bought a book on Amazon. I have a strong Wispernet signal and never have had a problem downloading books. It said on Amazon it was sent to my Kindle, but I never received it. After an hour, I had the Kindle search for new downloads. Nothing. I did this several times over the next 2 hours. Nothing. Finally I thought of going into the Content Manager under Amazon, and sure enough it was there. I told it to transfer to the Kindle memory, and it did it in 2 seconds. But it never downloaded at the beginning from Amazon and was never recognized by having my Kindle search for new downloads. Not a big problem but has anyone else experienced this

Steve

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've seen it mentioned a couple of times here and on the Amazon board. I think there are possibly occasional outages with the delivery system from Amazon where for a few hours the Whispernet or Amazon's system isn't working properly. It seems the next day things download fine.

I haven't experienced it myself, but I have seen reports of it.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
It's happened occasionally for me.  I usually do a soft reset and it comes down as soon as the re-boot is finished.

G

·
Happened to me when I first got my Kindle.  I didn't know any better so I just went on line and had everything sent to my Kindle. 

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
It happened to me the day I got all 10 free books at the same time.  

It was a lot to download at one time.  I didn't know it that might have put it in a bind.  We were also having some heavy rains that day.  I've noticed my connection strength sometimes varies with weather conditions.  

·
Registered
79 Posts
Strangely, the opposite happened to me a few weeks ago.  I used the Content Manager to transfer 4 books from Amazon to my Kindle, and all 4 transfers "failed."  I went to amazon.com and sent the books to my Kindle, and it worked just fine.  Go figure.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Essensia said:
Strangely, the opposite happened to me a few weeks ago. I used the Content Manager to transfer 4 books from Amazon to my Kindle, and all 4 transfers "failed." I went to amazon.com and sent the books to my Kindle, and it worked just fine. Go figure.
Yeah, I've had this happen as well. And afterward. the "transfer failed" message would not go away, I had to reboot.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I had this happen to me once. My battery wasn't fully charged, so I figured that was the problem, especially after I recharged and the download work fine after that!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
It happened with the first book I downloaded.  Hours later, I still didn't have it.  I sent an e-mail to Amazon about it, but by the time they responded, I had figured out I needed to go to the content manager and transfer the book.

It's happened a couple of times since, but now I know what to do. 

·
Registered
168 Posts
Happened to me twice, and I just did as others have and transferred it into Kindle memory from the Content Manager. I think both times I happened to be at work, but was getting an ok Whispernet signal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts