Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always found Russell Blake a straight shooter. He doesn't pull punches. He tells it as it is even if he comes up short.

That's rare in an industry where there are so many Joe Blows trying to sell you 'the next best thing' on the merit of a few books sold online, and now they think they are Gods gift to the book marketing world and want to sell you on a webinar, event, course, fill in the blank, or have you be one of their monkeys and write for them only to tack their name on the book at the end.

Fortunately Russell has never been one of those folks.

I check in on his blog posts monthly as he shares his wisdom from time to time.

Anyway, you will recall adwerks (a company who is meant to be able to help you with amazon ads) being endorsed by russell and several others as the go-to for having someone handle your Amazon ads accounts. Apparently they were meant to pull gold nuggets out of Amazon's butt and hand deliver them to you so you could sit back, drink a margarita and discuss how you are some award winning author who writes a million words a day without breaking a sweat.

Well, he recently pulled his endorsement of the company and is in some legal tennis match with the owner Michael.

After reading a long-winded post about stuff not related to it ( at least I thought so), he tacked an interesting piece on at the end. Worth a read if only to read the bit at the end.

Especially for those who don't want to get suckered in by companies spouting promises. (There's gold in them hills, there is, me hearty!)

https://russellblake.com/the-past-never-stays-buried/

·
Registered
449 Posts
From the blog post...

Which brings me to why this, why now: this is all about my pulling my endorsement from Adwerks, and Michael, who uses a fake name in order to conceal his criminal past, trying to punish me in retaliation.

Being as that is the case, I’ve been advised by my attorneys that I should make no further comments and offer no rebuttals, so this will have to suffice until the Adwerks legal action is adjudicated. I apologize in advance, because I’m sure there will be a ton of torrid prose churned forth I’d love to chime in on. But make no mistake that this little welcome bump in publicity stems from the Adwerks kerfuffle, and an embittered felon’s attempt to engender support from some of the most malevolent folks on Wall Street. Peas in a pod, so to speak. Whether the “journalists” will see through the effort to get them to do the felon’s dirty work for them is unknown – I would expect so, as these aren’t stupid people, but you never know. Anyone who wants more info on that felon’s criminal history can email me for the horrific details – I hesitate to sully my blog with it.

So sit back with popcorn and enjoy the coming show. I have no doubt it will be C-movie level competence, but A-level interest, and should command considerable positive attention as the truth becomes known.

For the record, I’m not depressed or suicidal, nor do I intend to nail gun myself, shoot myself in the head twice with different weapons, drown while canoeing, or ram my car into an embankment at 150.

Anyhow, that’s what I am allowed to write. I have more. Way more. But attorneys gonna law and such. So my fingers is all tied.

To conclude, I’m fond of saying everyone’s got a story. Some are just more interesting than others. And you have to admit, this one just got a lot more interesting…

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.