Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been advertising on the US and UK site for awhile, and just set up Canada ads with no problem.  However, when I try to set up ads in India, it seems to want me to set up some kind of new account...it is very confusing, because I thought I had an account but even when I "login" to that one, it still ends up back on the same page for "registering an advertising account".....................argh! 

So what is the story?  If I go through with this, does that mean I can then use all the international options (France, Italy, Spain, India, Netherlands, Japan, Denmark, Germany, and the rest..) ??  Or are they going to make me jump through these hoops over and over again?  Lord knows I've jumped through a lot already!!!

Anyone know the story with this?

Thanks~

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm from the US and have set up AMS in UK, Canada and Australia. I've had zero impressions in Australia for an identical ad (it gets around 2 to 4k in the other countries). I've been back and forth with correspondence with Amazon in Australia for the past few weeks. I'm not sure they have international advertising ironed out outside UK/Canada yet. ?? Love to see if others have been successful.

·
Registered
716 Posts
All marketplaces require  a new account setup. They're all different. I wasn't aware India was an option for us tho so that's cool.

·
Registered
716 Posts
alhawke said:
I'm from the US and have set up AMS in UK, Canada and Australia. I've had zero impressions in Australia for an identical ad (it gets around 2 to 4k in the other countries). I've been back and forth with correspondence with Amazon in Australia for the past few weeks. I'm not sure they have international advertising ironed out outside UK/Canada yet. ?? Love to see if others have been successful.
Australia is an interesting case. It requires a high bid to get Impressions probably due to the fact that it's such a small market. You don't reference whether you're advertising ebooks or print but they're handled differently. Print, for example, you should be with Ingram as they're one of the only ones that distribute directly to AU. KDP doesn't have a printer in AU so the orders come from Amz US. It can be problematic because of shipping times and prices.

Anecdotally, another thing to be aware of is like Canada, a lot of Australians actually use dot com to order their ebooks so it's one more wrinkle added to the mix.

For the ads, put a stronger focus on Category ads, at first.

International ads are definitely up and running and have been for a while. I run ads in all of the various countries and they do very well.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
KDP aren't shipping to Australia as far as I know. (Recently came up in a different conversation.)

I can't see an option for IN, so perhaps the OP is looking at an Advantage account, which would require a whole lot more setup.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Simon Haynes said:
I can't see an option for IN, so perhaps the OP is looking at an Advantage account, which would require a whole lot more setup.
Only Sponsored Product ads are available for India and some other countries. Here's the screenshot with the list:

https://imgur.com/a/cwM0rU2

I linked to this from an email they sent me.

I don't know, I'm pretty confused and some of these things are "circular" where you keep ending up on the same page again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts