Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I've published a blog about the shortcomings on Amazon's international linking when it comes to trying to buy eBooks, and the effect it can have on you, as an author.

I'd like to thank Marilyn again for letting me use her book, SHADE, as an example, which I chose because a, it has a very beautiful, eye-catching cover, and b, it has a very simple name that Amazon's search results confused with about 4,000 other books :/

I do want to add a caveat on top of the post, which is only relevant here. If you are going to be using these forwarding links on KBoards, be sure to include the tag for KBoards in your URLs, so for example http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00999FXZ0/ becomes http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00999FXZ0/?tag=kbpst-20

If you usually use your own Amazon Affiliates tag, be sure to add the tag kbpst-20 instead of your own, when they're being used on this site.

Like, for example, I have setup smarturl.it/kbgenesis and pnrf.co/kbgenesis setup in just the same way as my other forwarding links, just with the different tags, and I use the kb links use here and the other ones elsewhere.

I've tried to keep the post as simple as I could. Be sure to let me know if there's anything that isn't clear, or if there's anything I've missed or not explained very well.

I'm here to help! =)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Thank you so much for providing such a detailed, extremely informative blog post about a problem I barely knew existed! I bookmarked it for future reference. And thank you so much for featuring my novel, Shade, in your post! I've run into other similar problems, but had no idea how disconnected Amazon links in different countries are. When I requested reviews for Shade on Goodreads, I received requests from reviewers in a number of different countries in addition to the U.S. where I live, including: the UK, Wales, Belgium, India, China and the Philippines. I love how globally connected the world is today, I love how writers and readers all over the world can talk together about books, and so I happily mailed paperback copies of Shade to reviewers in all the countries where they had requested them. I received back many wonderful reviews and private messages about Shade from reviewers all over the world. I found out afterwards, though, that not all reviewers are able to post their reviews to every Amazon site. That made me sad. :'( Because Shade's main character is a teenaged girl in the U.S. with all the interests of a modern U.S. teen, I wasn't sure how readers in other countries would respond to the book. When I discovered that reviewers in a variety of countries liked Shade, I really wanted that to show on every country's Amazon site. Also, for some of my other books, I've discovered good reviews completely by accident through Google that I never even knew existed on Amazon sites in other countries - I sure would love to have those reviews on my own Amazon site! Anyone else experiencing these kinds of problems?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts