Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to send a shout-out to all Kindleboarders. I've had my Kindle since early last December and have bought way too many Kindle books - or at least that's what my Kindle complains about each time I add another screen to its already hefty girth - 62 screens and counting right now. I'm a retired librarian and write a blog devoted to our favorite e-book reader. It's at http://kindlereader.blogspot.com/ I hope you'll stop by and check it out when you have time. Thanks and happy reading!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Jan, welcome! Glad you found your way here! You know I read your blog. I am happy you are in our community.

Go vote in the "when did you receive your Kindle" poll. You might be the first owner from December!

Leslie

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Jan and welcome! 62 screens WOW... I am still on my first one about to go to second... I just got my Kindle yesterday.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
chynared21 said:
Angela said:
Hi Jan and welcome! 62 screens WOW... I am still on my first one about to go to second... I just got my Kindle yesterday.
So...if you have to "wrap" up your Kindle, are you going to delete first??? lol.
Heck no!! :D He is aware that I am using it right now. I think he just wants me to beg. :eek:
He seems to be getting a kick out of all this and probably doesn't think I will wrap it up. I have decided to go ahead and wrap it on Friday and if he doesn't give in and let me have it, I will open it on Monday after he leaves and when I wrap it next Friday I am going to use a completely different paper and tell him that he is losing his mind because the wrapping has not changed... ;D ;)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Angela said:
chynared21 said:
Angela said:
So...if you have to "wrap" up your Kindle, are you going to delete first??? lol.
Heck no!! :D He is aware that I am using it right now. I think he just wants me to beg. :eek:
He seems to be getting a kick out of all this and probably doesn't think I will wrap it up. I have decided to go ahead and wrap it on Friday and if he doesn't give in and let me have it, I will open it on Monday after he leaves and when I wrap it next Friday I am going to use a completely different paper and tell him that he is losing his mind because the wrapping has not changed... ;D ;)
LOL....I agree, he's completely out of his mind...and I don't even know the man :p

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
chynared21 said:
Angela said:
chynared21 said:
Angela said:
LOL....I agree, he's completely out of his mind...and I don't even know the man :p
LOL... I figure if he's gonna tease/torture me like this, then I have the right to mess with his head a bit... he has a terrible memory, so I should be able to shake him up just a bit!! ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
The thing is, Angela, how on earth are you going to be able to put away the Kindle for the whole weekend? I couldn't do it!

L

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Angela said:
I am going to use a completely different paper and tell him that he is losing his mind because the wrapping has not changed... ;D ;)
Angela, now your talking! See what wisdom does for you.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Leslie said:
The thing is, Angela, how on earth are you going to be able to put away the Kindle for the whole weekend? I couldn't do it!

L
Leslie, I am just hoping and praying that he will let me open my "present" Friday evening after he gets home. My guess is he will tease me for a couple of hours and then pretend to give in... at worst, he will make me wait until Saturday morning. :-\ If I am wrong, and he expects me to really wait, then the "switching of the paper war" begins!! :D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Angela said:
Leslie, I am just hoping and praying that he will let me open my "present" Friday evening after he gets home. My guess is he will tease me for a couple of hours and then pretend to give in... at worst, he will make me wait until Saturday morning. :-\ If I am wrong, and he expects me to really wait, then the "switching of the paper war" begins!! :D
Well, from that other thread, we know that both you and I are experienced in that department. LOL

L

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, ya'll! Greeting from sunny South Carolina! I purchased the Kindle the last week in Oct. and when my DH even suggested that I "save it" for Christmas, I told him he had to be crazy! I have already downloaded books my high school aged son has to read for Literature, a Brian Jacques he can read for pleasure, a couple books for my low-vision daughter to read...and OK, a few for me too.  I told DH a gift certif. from Amazon would do nicely...or just forgiveness when the VISA bill comes in each month!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Julie, welcome! Glad to have you here. Sounds like you are making good use of your Kindle but I have to wonder if you'll really be able to share...I couldn't! LOL

L

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Jan. Wow, I can't imagine filling Kindle up anytime soon. Only a Librarian could do that!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Hi Jan,

I've had your blog in my RSS reader for a while now  ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts