Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just in case you haven't seen it, we've created a map where you can see where we're all from - and you can put a pin in the map for your location.

If you haven't introduced yourself yet, please do so in the Introductions & Welcomes board!

And put a pin on the map to tell us where in the world you are!

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
Um.  Seriously.  Is there a link on the Kindle boards site to the map?  And once there what are the steps to add a pin.  I'm a bit leery about going to another site unless I'm sure it's safe.

Thanks,

Ann

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I click on the map and get the link to the let's talk kindle board. I click on the 'put a pin on our map' in the sentence and my browser says it can't find the webpage. I click on the http://www.frappr.com/kindle and it can't find the webpage. I click on any part of the map and it brings me to the let's talk kindle board again. I can't get a pin in the map... :-[sailor says embarrassed at her lack of computer savvy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
haha you're not the only map-challenged one! I tried to put a pin in Georgia (I'm near Atlanta), and it put a pin in Kansas with the note "Please move this pin where you want it" or something like that.

Poor harvey! You try to add nice features for us, and then we bombard you with technical questions!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ann Von Hagel said:
Um. Seriously. Is there a link on the Kindle boards site to the map? And once there what are the steps to add a pin. I'm a bit leery about going to another site unless I'm sure it's safe.

Thanks,

Ann
Good question. The KindleBoards map is hosted on a mapping site called Frappr. I've used it for a few years and it's a legitimate site.

Here's a direct link to the KindleBoards map on Frappr: http://www.frappr.com/kindle

From there, it will offer to let you put a pin in the map. If it doesn't, you can click on the orange "Join" button to place your pin on the map.

I see a lot of faces appearing on the map - let's see how long it takes for all 50 states to have a pin!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It has to be a setting on my computer that won't let me do this because I went to the map site and could put a pin on their start up page, but when I searched for our Kindle page, I couldn't get the page to come up. I also tried to get another few maps in my area to come up and they wouldn't either, so I have some virus/hack blocker on here keeping me from opening up the map into a window and alowing me to place a pin. So, just picture a pin in the Center of California and that is where Sailor calls home. Thank you Harvey for all the neat ideas you come up with...this site is great just as it is with all the neat features you have for the boards. ;D

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Khabita said:
haha you're not the only map-challenged one! I tried to put a pin in Georgia (I'm near Atlanta), and it put a pin in Kansas with the note "Please move this pin where you want it" or something like that.

Poor harvey! You try to add nice features for us, and then we bombard you with technical questions!
No problem, that's what I'm here for!! :)

If your pin lands on an incorrect location, you can click on the "Move this Pin" link (in the comment bubble beside your pin), and then enter your city and state. Let me know if that works for ya.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sailor said:
It has to be a setting on my computer that won't let me do this because I went to the map site and could put a pin on their start up page, but when I searched for our Kindle page, I couldn't get the page to come up. I also tried to get another few maps in my area to come up and they wouldn't either, so I have some virus/hack blocker on here keeping me from opening up the map into a window and alowing me to place a pin. So, just picture a pin in the Center of California and that is where Sailor calls home. Thank you Harvey for all the neat ideas you come up with...this site is great just as it is with all the neat features you have for the boards. ;D
Hmm that's odd. It may be worthwhile trying it again later, or from another PC if that's possible, to see if the symptoms are any different.

Thank you for your feedback!

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
Harvey said:
Good question. The KindleBoards map is hosted on a mapping site called Frappr. I've used it for a few years and it's a legitimate site.

Here's a direct link to the KindleBoards map on Frappr: http://www.frappr.com/kindle

From there, it will offer to let you put a pin in the map. If it doesn't, you can click on the orange "Join" button to place your pin on the map.
Thanks Harvey. I still think it would be a good idea to have an obvious link to it somewhere. Maybe a sticky in the intros forum or a direct link in the members section.

Ann

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well, I must be technologically challenged also because I can't figure out how to put my pin on the map.  I did join and log in.  What am I doing wrong?

Sharyn

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ When you press 'Join', does a little text bubble appear, pointing to your location and inviting you to place a pin on the map?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts