Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Liz, or kentuckyliz, from Pikeville, Kentucky, in the beautiful Appalachian mountains. I've had a Kindle 2 since mid-March. I ordered one, not sure I'd like it or not. But I'm drowning in paper books and really don't have room any more. I like the Kindle 2 for book reading primarily. Tried a Time & Newsweek trial subscription but didn't care for it--prefer blogs and news on the laptop or netbook. I drive a lot and the text 2 speech function is great. I'm "reading" a lot more that way. I hook it up to my car stereo like I would my iPod.

Between iPod touch with wifi and Kindle 2 with Whispernet, it's nice to know that I'm connected or connectable just about anywhere. It scares me, what a netjunkie I am.

I don't get Whispernet at the house, but I do in the towns where I work, go to church, and go sculling, so that's not too inconvenient.

Considering taking the local paper paperlessly, but is this pushable to Kindle? Anyone have experience with TownNews.com vendored e-editions?
http://ee.news-expressky.com/
It's in PDF format but I don't know if it would "push" to Kindle.

I have pre-ordered a DX to see if I'll like that for papers, zines, docs.

Starting to explore Kindle blogs, fora, etc.

I'm a Kindle junkie, aren't I?

I can quit any time. That's what I tell myself.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
We can all quit anytime.  At least that's what we tell ourselves also.

Welcome Liz.  You've come to the right place to find other junKies.  I look forward to reading more of your posts.
deb

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome Liz.  Take my word for it -- stay away from the accessories discussions. :)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy KB

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Liz! Ah, don't listen to them about the Accessories area, there is a lot of great stuff there. Also check out the The Book Corner and the Book Bazaar for lots of good reads. Glad you found KindleBoards!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the KindleBoads.  We have an excellent support group for Kindleholics......
jp

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Liz - nice to have you here.  We do have a kindle anonymous group, it consists of close to 4,000 members of kindleboards, so you are definitely not alone!

I saw your post in the koffee and kindle thread, I am going to go to a place where the coffee is pretty bad, but hopefully some other kindlers will show up, we do have quite a few here in Mexico that I know about.  It's better than sitting on the curb drinking a cup of my own.  I have permission to put up a couple of posters with the "starbucks" changed to Tony's Plus, so we'll see what goes down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts