Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I am delighted, simply delighted to have found these Kindle boards.

I use Kindle on all my devices but only got my first Kindle (hardware) as a gift last year when Fire first came out. We call her GraceFire and she's right now on loan to my husband - you know how that works, right? Loving husband buys wife a gift that he really wanted for himself :). Seriously, we love Kindle in our family and have started to give Kindles as gifts to friends and extended family. It was only after I wrote my first Kindle book and asked folks to read it that I learned many didn't have a Kindle. They are big readers and are technologically smart and stay current with the latest gadgets but most of them never even knew that a Kindle reading app could be downloaded for free :(.

As for myself, I am a lover of books and libraries, plants and gardens, dogs, cats, and beaches. I have been having a love affair with words ever since I was born. Kindle is such a lovely name for a reading device. The word conjures up exciting and cool images. Imagination kindled. Inspiration sparked. Life made abundant, set afire. Dreams, visions, harmony reigning. All coming alive because of a little Kindle. I'm sure others have expressed the same before and written it far more eloquently. Books, gardens, libraries, beaches, are powerful words for me. Also, grace. My name Anita means grace (charis) and it is my favorite word.

I look forward to learning and growing with you all. Please share your favorite word or words with me. I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hi Anita,

Welcome to the boards!  Nice to meet you.  Congrats on your book.  At least your husband got you (err him) a Kindle.  Some buy drills, and explain it away!  Consider yourself lucky.  ;D  My favorite word is "notwithstanding" I rarely get to use it, but when I do, I am thrilled. (kind of funny)  Enjoy the community!   :)

Lee

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hello and welcome to KB, Anita.  Too many great words for me to choose just one favorite, I'm afraid. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Anita and welcome. Unfortunately I don't have a favorite word. I'm always working on my vocabulary and there are so many words out there that it is difficult to choose only one. A small word could sound weak in one sentence, but powerfully evocative in another. So, for now I'm unwilling to discriminate.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Anita Coleman said:
Please share your favorite word or words with me. I would love to hear from you. Thanks.
Welcome, Anita! Great place to hangout here. Favorite word is garbanzo, favorite phrase garbanzo beans. OTOH, these are my wife's least favorite words. :D

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Hi, Anita, and welcome aboard.  Glad you joined us.  Wishing you every continued success with your writing.

Dan --

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Welcome! Can't think of a favorite word. I like them all equally.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello and welcome, Anita! What a lovely introduction!

It's hard to choose a favorite word, but I've always liked "onomatopoeia." :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts