Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Everyone -

I have ordered 2 Kindles, one for my Dad as a gift and one for myself on October 31st.  Oprah's discount prompted the actual purchase with that $50 discount.  The more I looked at purchasing one for my Dad the more I realized I wanted one for myself  8)

Amazon states they are to arrive tomorrow, which would be my Birthday & fabulous one at that! He, he.  I've since been reading the Amazon discussion pages and browsing this site to gather information.  I love the friendliness of these boards so I'm joining in!

Happily anticipating my Kindles,

Marci

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome...You will love this board.  I have never participated on boards...I lurk a lot but that's it.  This board is fun and we all share a passion for reading and love our kindles.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Marci, welcome! Glad to have you here.

Two kindles...woot! You'll love yours as much as the rest of us, I am sure!

Leslie

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Marci and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. I hope DAD dosn't have to wait in suspense for his Kindle...be a very kind a thoughtful daughter and give it to him right away so everytime he uses it he can think of you ;D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome, Marci!  And Happy Birthday!

And, hey, wow, in case you hadn't noticed yet, doesn't it look like they decorated the whole board with B-day well wishes just for you?  LOL!  :D  There's birthday cake all over this place.

The Kindle product is turning 1 y/o in a few days, btw, hence all the b-day hoopla, but there's no reason we can't all be celebrating your birthday, too!

That's so sweet of you to be getting one for your dad, too.  You're both going to love 'em.

Cheers,
Xia

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome! And happy Kindling!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, Everyone -

Thank you all so much for your posts; it's so fun. I'm so looking forward to becoming involved in these boards!

Yes, I will definitely not keep my Dad in suspense! His birthday is later on this month and I wanted to let him have it early so we could find out how he feels about it ie potential for return. I think the chance is slim & I'm glad that Amazon extended the return time for the holidays.

I'm doing the "grand unveiling" tomorrow [um, that's actually later on today since it's now Friday] when my family celebrates my birthday. It's a good thing because I don't think I could go much longer before tearing open the box :D

November is really going to be a Celebration month now for family and Kindle birthdays!

Who knows, I may even post some photos here once I figure how to do that plus getting an avatar.

Much more to come,

Marci

1 - 12 of 12 Posts