Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined Kindle Boards, at the recommendation of Leslie, my publisher at Bristlecone Pine Press. I have 2 gay mysteries out with Leslie -- L.A. Heat and L.A. Mischief. As the titles would suggest these books take place in Los Angeles and feature LAPD homicide detective David Eric Laine, buried in the closet and Christopher Bellamere, a hot, promiscuous computer analyst who cruises the clubs of West Hollywood and Silverlake. Chris finds himself being accused of the gruesome murders of several ex-lovers and at first David is convinced they have their killer. But as he investigates with his homophobic partner he comes to believe Chris is innocent. Worse, David is falling for his prime suspect. He has to decide whether to break the closet door down and save Chris or let the man he loves face the wrath of the real killer.

In L.A. Mischief we follow the battling duo as they struggle to come to terms with their disparate personalities and find a way to make their love work.

Other Chris and David books are due out next year and I believe they'll be available on Kindle.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I don't own a Kindle yet, I'm waiting for them to come down in price and have the download features available in Canada.

--
Pat Brown

[email protected]
www.pabrown.ca

L.A. Heat & L.A. Mischief, hotter than ever!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lovely to see you here, Pat! And I can thoroughly recommend her books to you all - they're wonderful!

Hugs to you

A
xxx

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

Opps, sorry, wrong smiley... here we go....

Welcome Aboard PABROWN,

Glad you found us.

-sailor *click*

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
As a fellow Canadian (I'm a 'duel'), I am with you about wanting the Kindle released in Canada.

Welcome, Pat!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Pat, welcome! Glad to see you here!

Yes, I am the epublisher of Pat's two books, but as a reader, I absolutely love them! I recommend them to anyone who wants a murder mystery with a bit of hot romance. Here are links to both of them:

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Pat, welcome!

Hope the Kindle goes international soon for you!

Thanks for posting these books...LA Heat is the first one?

Betsy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome PABROWN

How nice to have a different type of mystery to read.  Looking forward to getting your books and reading them.

You will like it here - all the best authors are members off the KindleBoard (even those without kindles) and I am not an author!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Thanks for posting these books...LA Heat is the first one?

Betsy
Since Pat is offline, I'll answer. Yes, L. A. Heat is the first.

And if I may brag a bit, my daughter Hannah did the covers. :D But Pat did the writing and it's very very well done.

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Leslie said:

And if I may brag a bit, my daughter Hannah did the covers. :D But Pat did the writing and it's very very well done.

L
Cool covers, go Hannah!

Betsy

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Pat -

Thanks for posting here - your books are the kind I like to read.  I'm sure I will be purchasing them here shortly.

Uh, Leslie? Pat?  What is the difference between a book and a "novella", other than the length of the book?

Leslie, I love what your daughter did with the "Do not cross" crime scene tape.  What a great way to indicate the contents of the book in a fresh way.

Hope you join the other authors participating here, Pat.

Cheers,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Uh, Leslie? Pat? What is the difference between a book and a "novella", other than the length of the book?
To me, the distinction is length. L.A. Mischief is about 50,000 words; L.A. Heat is about 80,000.

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Leslie said:

L
Hannah did a great job Leslie!

Linda

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Leslie said:
To me, the distinction is length. L.A. Mischief is about 50,000 words; L.A. Heat is about 80,000.

L
As I understand it, anything under 60,000 is a novella. It's a small distinction, not all that relevant in ebooks but very much so in print, where people feel cheated if the book is too slim, since the publisher can't really charge much less than for a full size book.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts