Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently stumbled onto this site and thought I would join and introduce myself first. I have had a kindle since April. I really enjoy it. I was never into using ebook readers before this. I also own a Sony reader which I also enjoy. They both have pluses and minuses. I really enjoy how easy the kindle is for turning pages. On the Sony its a bot harder to press the buttons. I also still read paperbooks and I am not likely to give that up. So its about 50 -50 now with reading electronically and on paper.

Anyway, I look forward to checking this site out more and I hope everyone had a nice holiday!

Lisa

G

·
Hi.  Pay no attention to those here who want to burn Sony ebook owners at the stake as moronic infidels.  Welcome and have fun. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow Jim! Ok I hope I won't be burned at the stake :D

Actually after I finish a few books I have on there I may be selling it. I have tendon problems and its much easier to press the buttons on the kindle and of course the price of books is better! I do like epub though and have gotten a few epub titles on my sony from various places so it may be hard to part with the Sony. Oh well. My husband has tons of gadgets so its about time I had a couple.

Lisa

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Lisa, welcome to the Kindleboards!

Room for everyone here!  Despite Jim's warning, we hardly ever burn anyone at the stake here at Kindleboards!  (Though occasionally the mob does start chanting...)

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Lisa, welcome! Glad to have you here....poke around and make yourself at home. We're a fun and friendly bunch.

L

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards, Lisa. I'm sure you're going to love all that we have to offer here. :)

G

·
Betsy the Quilter said:

Room for everyone here! Despite Jim's warning, we hardly ever burn anyone at the stake here at Kindleboards! (Though occasionally the mob does start chanting...)

Betsy
*shows off pitchfork scars*

·
Registered
249 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:

Room for everyone here! Despite Jim's warning, we hardly ever burn anyone at the stake here at Kindleboards! (Though occasionally the mob does start chanting...)

Betsy
Yes, We have occasionally gone after Jim. :D

G

·
OK she can stay if we can just burn the Sony.

Oh MY! It looks like the Sony was possessed!

OK just kidding.

Welcome to the Kindle Boards!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome. It seems like a friendly list. I promise I will burn my Sony reader eventually  :D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Vampyre said:
OK she can stay if we can just burn the Sony.

Oh MY! It looks like the Sony was possessed!

OK just kidding.

Welcome to the Kindle Boards!
Hey its Burning Man! lol. My friend went to that....its different.

G

·
Vegas_Asian said:
Hey its Burning Man! lol. My friend went to that....its different.
No, it's an actual burning EVIL Sony ereader...OK, it was a Burning man pic. I couldn't find a burning Sony ereader so I had it improvise.

<----loans BJ a kevlar vest with heat resistant inserts.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
As you can see Lisa, some members of the board are a little wild, but they all have fun.  Some of us are more staid and boring, but there is hope for us, I hope I hope I hope.

Welcome here and don't worry about your Sony we will forgive you, eventually.

Dona

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Lisa, glad you are here! There will be no burning at the stake.  ;) Make yourself at home here, look forward to reading more of your posts.

Linda

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Vitamin E is good for scars.

;D

Betsy
Betsy, completely off topic here, but Vitamin E is good for scars? Please explain further. My boyfriend has a terrible scar from an emergency surgery last year. Doesn't bother me, but of course, bothers him. And, he has to have another major surgery to undo the colostomy, so he will have yet another scar. I'm assuming you mean Vitamin E in topical form?
debbie

1 - 20 of 24 Posts