Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm John from Columbia, SC.  I got my Kindle immediately after the Oprah discount was announced.  I love my Kindle and the fact that I can take lotss of books with me when I travel.  I'm in a plane or airport quite a bit and sure beats having to tote a library or DTB's.  I have four great kids and one outstanding wife.  My oldest daughter would probably love to own a Kindle and my wife may be warming up to it.  My oldest son is serving in the military and currently stationed in Iraq.  I'm glad to meet everyone.

John

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome John, glad you joined us. I think you will enjoy it here. Check out bookklubs in The Book Corner.

I am very appreciative of your son serving in Iraq in order to protect us and the freedoms we have here in the USA.

Linda

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Welcome to the Board!!!

I, too, would like to thank your son for his service.

Does you family use Skype to keep in contact? Their program has free pc to pc video conversations. I contact my daddy, who's also serving in the MiddleEast through Skype.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here -

Send thanks to your son for me too

Happy Reading

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, John -

Glad to have you here!  It's great that you are enjoying your Kindle & that your family members may soon "catch the K fever"  ;)

For what it's worth, if your son in Iraq is a reader, many members of the military appreciated Kindles for the same reason you do.  Hope he is safe & sound there while doing the same for us here in the States.

Hope to see more of your posts,

Marci

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
John,

welcome to Kindleboards and congratulations on your Kindle.

you'll find lots of good book recommendations in the Book Corner--free, bargain and favorite books.

Betsy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes.  My son is safe and sound.  He has the fortunate, or unfortunate, task of chauffeuring a colonel.  Apparently this colonel is bilingual since my son says he can speak fluent French, but it is of the "Pardon my French" variety.  His primary task is ensuring that the comm systems available to the colonel work without fail.

I appreciate your best wishes for him and will pass them along.  It does mean a lot to our sons.  I am not typically one to remind folks that everyone serving is someones child.  It is an important fact to remember regardless of ones political beliefs.

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to you, John, and a great big thanks to your son.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts