Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you own one of these Invisibledefenders NOKEY Skins or intend on buying one, I suggest you get it on perfect the first time. If you have to remove and reposition it, the skin is very likely to rip like mine did. When I applied mine, it wasn't quite centered around the screen, so I gently pulled it off to reposition. I was very careful and meticulous in removing/repositioning, yet I still managed to rip the inner corners at the top. I tried to make the rips less noticeable, but as you can see in my pictures, they're very obvious. This never happened with my Decalgirl skin. I could reposition the Decalgirl skin multiple times without any issues. The NOKEY skin is much thinner and stickier. If you bought one of these to protect the fading letter keys of your graphite Kindle, I'd worry that the adhesive just may pull the letters the rest of the way off.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Well, don't count on these people to replace it!!!  They sent me two wrong skins, charged me extra postage and then said it was my fault that they sent the incorrect skins!!  Had to go through PayPal to get my money back.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will keep it since it's my own fault for it getting ripped.  It wasn't ripped when I received it.  I'd feel dishonest otherwise.  However my displeasure will be reflected in my one star review on Amazon.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I understand how you feel, that would bother me every time I looked at my Kindle.  I would probably replace it.  And you know, it seems I've heard of people accidentally ripping their Decal Girl skins and contacting them and they would send a replacement for just the cost of shipping.  I'm staying away from Invisible Defenders.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have an Invisibledefenders NOKEY and love it.  Sorry to hear you had a problem with yours.  Did you try contacting them to see if they'll do anything?  Different people have different experiences, probably depending on which CSR you get!  The worst they can say is 'no, sorry, your fault not ours.'

Mine arrived very timely & was the correct one. I had no problem applying mine after watching their video, & my DH has one of their items for another piece of technology.  But their skins are on for the long term, not repositionable once applied.  As I recall, they are clear on their website in stating that these are one-use only; to plan to replace if you decide to remove it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts