Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so based on the rumored features, I don't *think* I'll be giving up my beloved first gen iPad for the iPad2, but I am still curious to learn about the second gen of this super fun gadget.  Supposedly, the 2 will be announced tomorrow, so who's on watch with me?  :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I'll be watching. I don't use mine often enough to want an upgrade, but my husband is practically attached to his. I will order a new one for him.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
I haven't seen enough improvements to make me turn lose of my "classic" (sounds so much better than old) iPad.  In a year I'll seriously consider either an ipad 3 or an Android tablet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'll be watching, but unless they have some brilliant surprise features, I haven't seen anything that would convince me to upgrade.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yossarian said:
I'll be watching, but unless they have some brilliant surprise features, I haven't seen anything that would convince me to upgrade.
Ditto. I'm actually watching for more in the Android space now (Honeycomb). The Xoom holds some promise.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'll be watching. I'm not planning to replace my ipad, but I still want to see what the new one will look like and what new features it will have. I'll probably buy a new Android tablet before I buy another ipad because I just don't see my ipad becoming obsolete for me for a long time and also, I think I will be able to buy an Android tablet that I like for much less money.
What time is the press release scheduled?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Is the ipad going to be sold tomorrow, or are they just going to introduce it. I don't have an ipad yet, but I am going to get one. Probably the ipad2

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
amyberta said:
Is the ipad going to be sold tomorrow, or are they just going to introduce it. I don't have an ipad yet, but I am going to get one. Probably the ipad2
Apple's hints indicate, and the general assumption is iPad 2 will be announced tomorrow. Nobody knows when on sale. Early April would be my guess, but if Apple isn't quite ready they may be doing an earlier announcement to make people hesitate before buying one of the new Android tablets.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I'm interested in seeing what they add.  I like playing around with my girlfriend's iPad, but I'm still hesitant to get one myself as it doesn't quite do everything I want with a tablet.  But neither do the Androids yet.  I basically want something that's closer to a tablet PC, but is thin and light and gets great battery life like the iPad.  Not those convertable laptop tablets or the bulky slate PCs of the past.

I don't need full PC functionality power wise, just simple things like a drag and drop file and folder system like on Windows or Mac, stylus support etc. to make it both a work tool and a multimedia toy. 

·
Registered
690 Posts
Can't afford one right now but I do want one eventually.  I'm very interested in hearing what the new one will have.  From what I've heard rumored so far, there doesn't seem to be any ground breaking changes.  Whenever I get one I might even opt for a first gen as they should be pretty cheap once the new one comes out.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I'll be watching the announcement to see what the iPad 2 is actually going to have or not have,instead of rumors and speculation.

Not entirely sure that there will be enough additions or upgrades to make me buy a new one, but we'll see.

I am more interested in a Blackberry Playbook over another iPad at this point.

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
arshield said:
Apps still make a difference and while I would be glad to get an android, my two nieces (3 and 2) haven't found many android apps that they like. But they are constantly on the ipad.
That's true Apps do matter and although I am sure they will Android just doesn't have as many Apps available at this point as Apple does.

·
Registered
947 Posts
amyberta said:
Is the ipad going to be sold tomorrow, or are they just going to introduce it.
It's practically guaranteed that it will be available by the end of the week. Shipments to retailers of the current generation were reported to be stopped last week, Amazon is sold out of all 6 models (some Amazon resellers still have some), Best Buy has deleted the iPad SKUs from its inventory system. The only reason you dry up the supply chain like that is if you're dropping a replacement in a VERY short timeframe. So there's basically no chance they're waiting their traditional 3 weeks between announcement and shipping.

My prediction: store.apple.com goes down during the presentation. Ordering opens as soon as the presentation's over. Delivery beginning this weekend.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I absolutely love my ipad ,I've only had it a few months. I do want to see what the new one has that mine doesn't. I keep thinking it would be ackward to take a picture with an ipad... they aren't exactly light weight or compact to hold up to capture a picture. That is supposed to one of the new items a build in camera right?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Well, most want a front facing camera for video conferencing with skype, face time etc.

It may have an outward facing camera as well, but I agree it would be awkward to take pictures with.  Seems kind of pointless as well in an age where most everyone has a cell phone with a camera to take random pictures when they may not have their real camera with them.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Yeah, the forward-facing camera will be very popular among those who use their tablet for video calling (and there are lots of people who do that, even though I am not one of 'em).

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'll be picking up either the ipad 2 or the Xoom.  Curious to see what Apple has in store. I guess we'll find out in about 38 minutes!

1 - 20 of 366 Posts