Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kindle 2 and I also have an iPhone with the Kindle app, but I have not used it yet as I am unsure how it works. I know when I load up the iPhone app it somehow finds where I left off on my kindle (does WN need to be on for it to know?), but what do I have to do next time I fire up my Kindle so that it finds where I left off on my iPhone?

·
Registered
400 Posts
It all kind of works automatically for me. When I open the book with the iPhone, it says "farthest page read is page 123 from device yourkindle, do you want to sync to that page" or something like that. I can say yes or no. When I open the book with the Kindle, same thing - if I have read farther on the iPhone it asks if I want to sync to the farthest page read. I think one time it didn't ask and I knew I had read farther on the other device, so I told it to sync manually - but I can't remember if that was on the Kindle or the iPhone honestly, and it only happened one time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks! I will give it a shot today at lunch.

I was very tired when I left my house this morning (sick baby up all night) and forgot my Kindle at home. The iPhone app will come in very handy today because of that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
you do have to have whispernet turned on on the kindle for the iphone app to be able to sync to the furthest page - conversely, if you're using the iphone app on your itouch (as i do) the itouch needs to have a wifi signal to be able to connect to amazon and sync with the kindle. i try to remember to turn on the whispernet on my kindle a few minutes before i'm done reading (i usually keep it off for battery conservation) so that if i pick up the itouch next, i'm good to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts