Votes: 3 4.8%
  • No, neither

Votes: 33 52.4%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have an iPhone, and probably never will.  For one thing, I don't use AT&T, and I have absolutely no desire to switch to it.  I also just don't want to spend that kind of money on a data plan for my cell.  The iTouch is tempting in a way, but I couldn't have it at work, where I do most of my listening.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have an iPhone -- although at the moment it is currently not working. (I'm going to pick up a new one this weekend.)

Does anyone own both an IPhone and an ITouch? The functionality of the two are so similar, why would someone own both?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I have an iPhone, my husband has an iPod Touch.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I don't have an iphone, but I would really really really like one.  I am openly envious of people who have them.  Also, all of my friends who have iphones constantly talk to each other on something called Loopd, which they say is facebook for the cool kids.

On the other hand, one of them actually owns 2 complete star wars storm trooper costumes, and the other owns every other sort of costume known to (wo)man, so I realize that tagging after them could someday lead me to jump off a bridge (because they did it.).  I have started my own costume closet, and frequently talk to myself on facebook.

·
Registered
860 Posts
If they would let you use another provider besides AT&T both DH and I would have them.  We've had such bad customer service with AT&T that we refuse to use them again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an iPod Touch and love it. I wish I had an iPhone, because many of the apps that I love on the iPod Touch would be AWESOME with cell service and persistent internet.

As for a phone, I have the Samsung Instinct. This was the phone that came out last June labeled as an "iPhone Killer", and didn't turn out to be as great as they hyped it up to be. The Instinct is the only reason I didn't get an iPhone :(

Waiting on the Palm Pre now :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
oh if they were workable on Verizon Wireless I would have one in a heartbeat. 

·
Registered
221 Posts
KindleMom said:
If they would let you use another provider besides AT&T both DH and I would have them. We've had such bad customer service with AT&T that we refuse to use them again.
This is the reason why my husband and I waited until last September to buy our iPhones. We were customers of TMobile for over five years and were very pleased with the service they provided. We kept waiting for the iPhone-Killer, but from our research nothing that was out or was slated to be out appeared to be the same or better than the iPhone.

(We're also not big Apple fans either, but shh, don't tell anyone. That's considered blasphemy in many circles.)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I want one so bad I can taste it! I don't stand a chance of getting one since my DH does not see the need for any electronic gadget. I guess I should be glad I have a cell phone (no internet access) Tivo (that took me about 3 years of begging and a Kindle. I'm still working on him, I'm sure I'll wear him down eventually but by then an I phone will be an antique.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
darn! I need to read all the options before hitting vote! okay I don't own a iPhone (yet)....but my phone needs to be placed soon. I don't need to have internet and all that on it. I just want to have my phone and my music on the same device. I can out music on my current phone, but its a hassle.

·
Registered
208 Posts
marianner said:
I don't have an iPhone, and probably never will. For one thing, I don't use AT&T, and I have absolutely no desire to switch to it.
At&t is terrible where I live. My in-laws switched to them and they ususally can't get calls when visiting us.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I do not have an iPhone.  I think for my needs--if I were to use data and email and all that (I don't currently)--there are other phones that would provide more functionality.

As of now, I think the only advantage the iPhone would have for me are all the third party applications.  Just more stuff to spend money on.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts