Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loaded the IPhone Kindle application on my ITouch. I think it provides a great alternative when my Kindle is not available. However, I have noticed that sometimes the Touch does not sync to the latest page read on the Kindle. It appears to be going through the process, but does not move forward to the last page read. When I attempt to manually sync it comes back that I am already at the last page read. Note: I am connected to the internet via wireless. Anyone else experienced this problem, perhaps I am doing something wrong. Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't think mine always syncs either.  I know that your kindle has to have the wifi on when you try to sync the iphone.
Does that help?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Nope, mine doesn't sync right all the time either. Neither do my two Kindles.... I hope Amazon gets this feature to work properly.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Because I have multiple Kindles on my account, with multiple owners reading the same book, and now two iPhones, the Whispersync was hopelessly confused, so I turned it off. I hope they get this feature so you can say, Sync Kindle X to iPhone X and Kindle Y (which would be my Kindles and iPhone) and leave everybody else out of the loop. It seems like it has potential but it's not there yet.

L

·
Registered
300 Posts
My Kindle asked if I wanted to sync to my iPhone, but my iPhone doesn't ask to sync to the last location of my Kindle.
I looking forward to seeing what CS says.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Those having the problem on their iphone.  Do you have Whispernet turned on, on your Kindle?  Whisper sync won't work from Kindle if WN turned off.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
davem2bits said:
Those having the problem on their iphone. Do you have Whispernet turned on, on your Kindle? Whisper sync won't work from Kindle if WN turned off.
Yes, I leave it on on both Kindles....

·
Registered
300 Posts
After going to the book and clicking on the refresh icon. (farest icon to the right along the bottom of the screen)
I get the following message.

Sync to Furthest Page Read
You are currently at location 142.
The furthest read location is 198 from "Bella" at 7:34 p.m. CST today.
Go to that location?

It's working for me on my iPhone now as well as my Kindle.
It was my fault it didn't work earlier on my iPhone I thought it would automatically ask to sync like my Kindle did. I forgot about the refresh icon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I try the sync ICON it tells me I am already at the furthest page read even though I am farther ahead on my kindle 1.

·
Registered
116 Posts
One thing I noticed is that to get the Kindle to Whispersync I either had to force it or return to the home screen before I put the Kindle to sleep.  Otherwise it wouldn't send my current page up to Amazon to be synced with my iPhone.  The iPhone seems to automatically sync whenever you open the application or exit the application.

Just some observations....

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To get my ITouch to sync to the last page read on my kindle I must go to the Home menu on the Kindle 1 and select "Sync & Check for Items". Then on the ITouch, I select the sync ICON and it now asks if I want to go the latest location read on the kindle. This works, but is not automatic as described by Amazon.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just ordered an itouch for hubby as a gift.  I want him to be able to access my kindle account on it but I don't want the devices to sync since we won't ever be reading the same thing.  Do we have to do anything or just leave them be? 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I checked it out on my sister's and there seemed to be no issues

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
raccemup said:
I just ordered an itouch for hubby as a gift. I want him to be able to access my kindle account on it but I don't want the devices to sync since we won't ever be reading the same thing. Do we have to do anything or just leave them be?
If you don't read the same thing, it shouldn't be a problem. The issue comes in when you both have the same book and are reading at different places -- the sync will sync the slower reader to the faster reader's place. But if you are not sharing books, this shouldn't happen.

L

·
Super Moderator
67,495 Posts
Also, raccemup, you can turn the sync function off altogether at Amazon.  It's all or nothing. . .sync is on for all devices, or sync is off for all devices.  If you set it off you'll never have to worry about accidentally jumping to each other's places if you do happen to be reading the same book.

Ann

1 - 20 of 24 Posts