Kindle Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Below is the response I received from Amazon Customer support on synchronizing between multiple devices. I have had success by going to the home screen on the kindle when I am done reading. Jerry 

Hello from Amazon.com.

When you open a Kindle book you are also reading on another device, you are given the choice to go to the furthest page read if you are further ahead on the other device. If the other device has not synchronized recently i.e. your kindle has not been returned to the home screen or put to sleep this feature my not work properly. When you are done reading on the Kindle you need to either let the device go to sleep or return it to the home page once you have left the book the Kindle saves your place and syncs this to your amazon account this ensures that you can easily pick up where you left off regardless of which device you are using.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Also, raccemup, you can turn the sync function off altogether at Amazon. It's all or nothing. . .sync is on for all devices, or sync is off for all devices. If you set it off you'll never have to worry about accidentally jumping to each other's places if you do happen to be reading the same book.

Ann
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Awesome! :)

I am DYING with suspense for it to get here and show him!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
gglass99 said:
Below is the response I received from Amazon Customer support on synchronizing between multiple devices. I have had success by going to the home screen on the kindle when I am done reading. Jerry

Hello from Amazon.com.

When you open a Kindle book you are also reading on another device, you are given the choice to go to the furthest page read if you are further ahead on the other device. If the other device has not synchronized recently i.e. your kindle has not been returned to the home screen or put to sleep this feature my not work properly. When you are done reading on the Kindle you need to either let the device go to sleep or return it to the home page once you have left the book the Kindle saves your place and syncs this to your amazon account this ensures that you can easily pick up where you left off regardless of which device you are using.
Not working for me. I seem to be able to sync my Kindle to catch up to my i-touch use, but I can never get my i-touch to sync catch up to my K2 use.

My i-touch ALWAYS tells me I am at the furthest point on all my reading devices. Not true though.

EL

21 - 24 of 24 Posts