Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha! He's launching his new book today and giving away one Kindle per hour. I clicked around because I'm nosey.............his book isn't available in Kindle version. :eek: I know, I know, could be everyone's (Amazon, publisher etc) fault except his. But still.................

http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog/

BTW, this is not my book or my friend or blah, blah, blah. I'm just a nosey Kindle Klicker,

Edited to add. Pfffft now I'm reading more in depth. Check out this copy and paste.......

Q: Will there be a Kindle version?
A: First of all, I have a lot of nerds reading this site, because you wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten this question

Deb
Kindle Nerd apparently.............

Last edit...I swear! Hmmm...it's #54 in bestsellers for Kindle list so I guess even though the main book page says send note to publisher there actually is a Kindle version. Interesting. Wonder if that happens often?

·
Registered
921 Posts
cincinnatideb said:
Ha! He's launching his new book today and giving away one Kindle per hour. I clicked around because I'm nosey.............his book isn't available in Kindle version. :eek: I know, I know, could be everyone's (Amazon, publisher etc) fault except his. But still.................

http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog/

BTW, this is not my book or my friend or blah, blah, blah. I'm just a nosey Kindle Klicker,

Deb
I clicked on it also, but when it wasn't available on Kindle, I clicked it off. Very strange he's giving away Kindles but his book isn't available for it. But I guess it is a cheap way for some to get a Kindle (at least for 8 people). He's giving away one an hour for eight hours.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Kindlers are nerds????  When did that happen?  I thought Bezos said we were cutting edge?  Hmmm.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
drenee said:
Kindlers are nerds???? When did that happen? I thought Bezos said we were cutting edge? Hmmm.
I'm pretty sure we received a cutting-edge-stylemaster warranty?

Deb
**adjusting taped glasses and pocket protector**

·
Registered
463 Posts
He's also giving away a ton of money and give certificates. He thought the Kindle version would not be available for a few weeks, but it is out now and is already the #1 bestselling book at Amazon (using their hourly ratings), for both print and the Kindle. All you have to do is buy the book, in print or Kindle and email him a copy of your receipt.

Links/details here:

http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/2009/03/win-kindle-author-giving-away-one-hour.html

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Am I the only one that doesn't believe this?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I've been reading this blog for at least a year now.... I have no reason to believe it is not a legitimate contest.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Thats nice to know.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm still a little leary.  I passed this info along to a friend and her Amazon receipt contains quite a bit of information - full name, home address, billing address if different - that she is wary to forward without additional information showing this is legitimate.  I agree.  We've both searched for some substantiation but haven't had any luck. 

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
The reality is, most contests are held to do data mining. This is why I stopped entering any of them, I don't care for junk mail or phone calls.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
The reality is, most contests are held to do data mining. This is why I stopped entering any of them, I don't care for junk mail or phone calls.
Yep...that's what this sounded like to me too....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts