Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last two reviews I've gotten on my single author short story collection mention typos and editing issues. One review says she marked me down from a 5 to a 4 because she didn't think it had been edited thoroughly.  :eek:

Know what's funny about that? The stories in this collection were all previously published by small digital presses before. (And I used the same files.) All my other books were self-published.

So basically my indie stuff is better edited than my stories that had been "traditionally" published.

(And yes, I'm now going to go back to the file and see whether I can find any of the typos that were mentioned, and then clean them up myself. :D )

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm seeing some poorly edited trad publishing of bestselling authors recently. My heart goes out to those authors. It's shocking. The publishers must be cutting corners like mad in an effort to survive.

G

·
Amanda Brice said:
So basically my indie stuff is better edited than my stories that had been "traditionally" published
Or maybe you messed up when you were converting all of those separate files into one file.

Really, I guess we don't have enough hate for the Big Six around here so now we need to take pot shots at small presses as well. :p ::) :mad:

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't taking pot shots at small presses, nor do I have any hatred whatsoever for the Big Six (despite how popular this sentiment might be in indie circles). I was merely pointing out that editing errors and typos occur in all forms of publishing. I just thought it was funny that I've gotten more complaints about editing and typos on a book that had been previously edited by a small press than with my books that were edited by freelance editors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts