Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Amazon affiliate/associates link allowed to promote your own books?
(meaning...can you use your own amazon associates/affiliate link of your own books to promote your books?)

especially if you do facebook ads and want to track clicks & roi?

i heard some people are doing that but i also heard that's against tos. not sure.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I can at least answer the question about putting it in ads: no. Amazon Associates needs a disclaimer and a home site, both of which can't be met by an ad on a site like FB. They don't audit frequently, but eventually you'll trigger one, especially with sudden high volume. When they do, you don't get a second chance. Your Associates account is permanently banned, no appeals, no last withdrawal of funds. Play the game by Amazon's rules as closely as you can; Associates is one thing they do not give any wiggle room on.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
When I had an affiliates link, you had to list the site you'd be using it on, and you were limited to that. So, no putting it in newsletters, ads or other sites (like forums). That may have changed, but I know a lot of the newsletters and sites that listed free books ended because Amazon changed the rules on how it could be used. It should be set out in the affiliates program information.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
blueman3 said:
Is Amazon affiliate/associates link allowed to promote your own books?
(meaning...can you use your own amazon associates/affiliate link of your own books to promote your books?)

especially if you do facebook ads and want to track clicks & roi?

i heard some people are doing that but i also heard that's against tos. not sure.
You can achieve it by putting the affiliate link on a non-navigable book lead page on your own Web site, then your FB ads have a clean link to the lead page. (People who do this tend to note the conversion drops compared to going straight to Amazon.)

Same with newsletters. No affiliate links. Link back to your Web site which has the affiliate link.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also is there a way to put an affiliate to your amazon author profile page so you get affiliate sale for ANY book the visitor clicks on your amazon author page?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
blueman3 said:
What do you mean by a non-navigable book?
page, not book. It means the web page on your site isn't linked from your home page so the only way to get there it from your ad. This means all the traffic comes from your ad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts