Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I published an ebook a year ago and Amazon said it was 272 pages. I just did the paperback version of the book today, but it only has 208 pages. Is Amazon gonna reduce the page count of my ebook to 208 to match the physical book page count?

·
Registered
808 Posts
No.  The way they calculate "pages" in the e-book usually produces a higher number than the print.  All of my e-books are in the 600's according to Amazon, but the print versions are in the high 300's to low 400's.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It may happen, it may not. And since you don't want it to, it likely will.

Amazon used to link page count within 3 or 4 days. It sometimes happened automatically, and yes, ebook would match the print length. Now, it often doesn't happen, and we have to call them and ask them to do it for us. Because we typically want the number to be the print number, which is a real number of pages. KENPC is smoke and mirrors.

·
Registered
516 Posts
hopecartercan said:
I published an ebook a year ago and Amazon said it was 272 pages. I just did the paperback version of the book today, but it only has 208 pages. Is Amazon gonna reduce the page count of my ebook to 208 to match the physical book page count?
Happened to me, though that was three years ago. Fun fact, if your page count drops below 150 you're no longer able to apply for bookbub.

·
Registered
385 Posts
hopecartercan said:
They may, but it won't affect your KENP count. That's what is important for KU payout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts