Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years back, Amazon purchased Goodreads.

Recently, Amazon allowed you to rate a book without writing a text review.

Is it envitable that Goodreads ratings will soon turn up on Amazon as a separate line item? They cannot easily merge the two without filtering the double counts.

Mark

P.S. Is it just me or does Amazon not up date book rankings even daily anymore?  There have been a few times in last month where I have noticed book rankings not being adjusted for sales for over 24 hours.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
I don't think it will happen. As you noted, they would end up with reviews from the same people, which would cause no end of headaches, especially if they don't realize the connection between the two sites.

Besides, Amazon seems to mostly want the two sites to be separate, for whatever reason.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
markpauloleksiw said:
P.S. Is it just me or does Amazon not up date book rankings even daily anymore? There have been a few times in last month where I have noticed book rankings not being adjusted for sales for over 24 hours.
The Zon has had a lot of corona issues, according to a recent news story I heard on the radio yesterday. Although the story concerned mostly their fulfillment centers, I wouldn't doubt that there has been similar issues in other parts of the company... As the country as a whole here is dealing with it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I raise this because I recently received an email from Amaon Kindle highlighting marketing resources available and they specifically promoted Goodreads giveways.

This is the first time I have seen Amazon cross promoting Goodreads and wondered what else may be coming.

My prediction...amazon will include a second line showing Goodreads ratings not integrated with the zon but separate.

and what if the Zon algorithm behind the scenes begins using the goodreads ratings in its arcane formulas.

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
At least for Europe, I wonder if your predictions are GDPR compliant. I doubt it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts