Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been announcing, or repeating my announcement of each title, every 2 weeks or so, but don't really know if it helps, with the huge numbers of people announcing books out there.

What is your opinion?

Richard

·
Registered
977 Posts
It can't hurt. Yes, there are tons of books being added daily, but all it takes is one reader to find you, love your story and start spreading the word, for your story to take off. So... I'm heading over there to give my post a long neglected bump ;).

·
Registered
995 Posts
I don't think it got my book a whole lot of attention, but it only takes about 15 seconds, so why not try?

·
Registered
238 Posts
When I first got my kindle, I would check the book bazaar every day. I found a lot of new authors with great books there. I don't check as often now because my tbr pile resembles Everest, but I have bought many books that I first heard of there.

83 Posts
I have been watching Kindleboards for a while before posting.  Just recently became active here.  However, I am gathering (not from experience yet) that you should just post regularly and offer good dialogue and leave your books in your sig. I think people get flooded with book announcements.  Announce yes, but I think more response comes from just being a writer socializing on these boards.  Just my opinion, I could be completely off the mark.

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
It does. All of my books have had thousands of visitors each (I have 17 books threads, one for each book). For example, The Jade Owl book pages was created on March 31, 2009. It has had 9,924 visitors so far. A year ago it stood at 4,782 visitors -so nearly 6,000 visitors have come in the last year. You need to understand that not every visitor to Kindleboards is or becomes a member, so it is those guests first time seeing the book here. I does depend on where your book or books are on the thread - bt that adds to the "luck of the draw" aspect. Also, change up your OP thread headline. Sometimes a post headline doesn't attract a visitor who returns and sees a more interesting post headline and decides to drop in. Now my sales across the 17 titles is not spectacular - nearing 12,000. Still I attribute a good portion of those to KB, because I track the visitor statistics.

Hope that helps.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Richardcrasta said:
Hi,

I have been announcing, or repeating my announcement of each title, every 2 weeks or so, but don't really know if it helps, with the huge numbers of people announcing books out there.

What is your opinion?

Richard
Richard,
I've looked at your history of posting, and I don't see any posts outside of the confines of Book Bazaar/Writer's Cafe.* I think announcing in your thread is important, but not nearly as important as mingling with readers, and letting your sig be seen while just engaging in conversation on the books you like to read, and your hobbies, etc. If you're staying here, you're throwing away a huge opportunity. Readers come here, but you're mostly preaching to the choir.

*Edited: It looks like you used to do Book Corner, but I really had to search for it.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Edward C. Patterson said:
It does. All of my books have had thousands of visitors each (I have 17 books threads, one for each book). For example, The Jade Owl book pages was created on March 31, 2009. It has had 9,924 visitors so far. A year ago it stood at 4,782 visitors -so nearly 6,000 visitors have come in the last year. You need to understand that not every visitor to Kindleboards is or becomes a member, so it is those guests first time seeing the book here. I does depend on where your book or books are on the thread - bt that adds to the "luck of the draw" aspect. Also, change up your OP thread headline. Sometimes a post headline doesn't attract a visitor who returns and sees a more interesting post headline and decides to drop in. Now my sales across the 17 titles is not spectacular - nearing 12,000. Still I attribute a good portion of those to KB, because I track the visitor statistics.

Hope that helps.

Edward C. Patterson
Impressive, Edward, and thanks for the encouragement. I think 12,000 is superb.
And thanks, all.
Richard Crasta

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MichelleR said:
Richard,
I've looked at your history of posting, and I don't see any posts outside of the confines of Book Bazaar/Writer's Cafe.* I think announcing in your thread is important, but not nearly as important as mingling with readers, and letting your sig be seen while just engaging in conversation on the books you like to read, and your hobbies, etc. If you're staying here, you're throwing away a huge opportunity. Readers come here, but you're mostly preaching to the choir.

*Edited: It looks like you used to do Book Corner, but I really had to search for it.
Thanks, Michelle. I used to do more of it (the Book Corner), and I have been falling behind--will get back. Any other forums that work for you?

Best,
Richard

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
RedAdept said:
I think you should post anywhere that you can in the confines of any forum's rules. How long does it really take?

Okay, so your sales don't explode, but it didn't cost you anything to try.
What she said.

Forget what board you should aim at to get the most readers and just have fun -- you can justify it by telling yourself that you're working though. ;)

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
It's worth it for me.

All you other folks better stay off it though.

In fact, I think they ought to change the title from BOOK BAZAAR to BOOKS THAT STEVE VERNON THAT YOU ALL REALLY OUGHT TO BUY TWENTY-EIGHT COPIES EACH OF...

;D :D ;D

Seriously, it has sold me several copies that I know of. Maybe sold me some I don't know of. With all the books on Kindle, how else is someone supposed to find out? It is a great way to post new reviews and updates on the book's status and to give notice that someone else besides your mother bought your book.

;)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Honestly? I think it depends on the genre. And I don't think it gets as many views since Writers Cafe got separated out. But for a few seconds' effort you might as well. Also reference it in the kindle authors threads.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Steve Vernon said:
In fact, I think they ought to change the title from BOOK BAZAAR to BOOKS THAT STEVE VERNON THAT YOU ALL REALLY OUGHT TO BUY TWENTY-EIGHT COPIES EACH OF...

;)
Hmmmm...Official Title sponsorship of the Book Bazaar...something to think about. ;D

Taking bids now.....
:D

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
A.R. Williams said:
A lot of great comments. I for one, need to mingle more. In regards to the Book Bazaar, link to your Book Bazaar post in your signature. That might help it get a few more eyeballs without having to keep posting every other week.
As I see you've done. Good idea!

Betsy

1 - 20 of 55 Posts