Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I took one of my books off of Nook Press to try it on Select. Another book I updated the manuscript. The one that I updated has been stuck in processing for over a week and the one that I had removed won't let me put it back on sale.

Anyone else having similar issues?

·
Registered
841 Posts
YES!

I tried to upload an updated manuscript and it's been stuck for four days now. And today I keep getting an "Internal Server Error" message.

Any attempts at contacting Nookpress have gone unanswered.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I updated a book a couple days ago with a new ePub version, then updated the price yesterday. Both went through without much of a problem other than the typical slowness of the pages "sending" the info. This morning, however, when I went to Nook Press, all I got was this:

500 Internal Server Error

If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.
After restarting my computer (for another reason) I was able to get on. Once. Just went back and got the same error again. That place is a hot mess.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Only way I ever got a response out of Nook was to tweet them with #nocustomerservice. They never replied to any of my emails when I was trying to get a book delisted.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yeah, Nookpress has been giving me a hard time the last few days. Couldn't even get the chat thing to work. I emailed them, but I'm not expecting a response. Nookpress is becoming a real pain in the butt.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one, but this sucks. Just updated my books with my new dogaliens.com domain name for my mailing list. Up without a hitch everywhere except Barnes and Noble. I might just let Smashwords distribute to Nook and call it a day.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh my god, yes! It was stuck at the Updating Manuscript nonsense for days, and today when I've tried I'm getting the internal server error. Awesome. I'm almost to the point of saying screw it, opt-in through Smashwords and be done with it.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Cherise Kelley said:
Glad I'm not the only one, but this sucks. Just updated my books with my new dogaliens.com domain name for my mailing list. Up without a hitch everywhere except Barnes and Noble. I might just let Smashwords distribute to Nook and call it a day.
Smashwords to Nook has problems. I uploaded a book in December that took over a month to go live on barnesandnoble.com and never appeared on Nook UK, which was a bit disappointing for a British author. On the other hand, it was a free book which can only be loaded to Nook via an aggregator and Smashwords take a financial hit in order to pay you the same 60% royalty as they would for other retailers - i.e., Nook pay less below $2.99 but Smashwords still pay you 60%. On the other hand it is 65% from Nook Press between $2.99 and $9.99 and some aggregators only pay 50% on Nook.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have also been having trouble uploading. It's been stuck in the upload cycle twice...the first time it cancelled itself out and I tried again. It was stuck for a few hours the second time before I finally contacted support. They said it'll be a couple days until I hear something back. It sounds like it might be in their best interest to add a "cancel upload" button, because from the sound of this thread, it's happening too often.

A

·
0 Posts
If you are having trouble with Nook (or any site, for that matter) try clearing your cache and then using a different browser. Some sites run better on different browsers. Explorer pretty much sucks all around for anything involving actual work. :p I generally use Firefox but sometimes if NookPress gets glitchy I'll switch over to Chrome and it works fine.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Nook charged customers .99 cents for 6 of my books that should have been $3.99. Smashwords has been trying to get them to respond for two weeks without success.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts