Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Pubit (pronounced locally as Pubic with a t) "My Sales" tab, under the Payments Issued section, I see Feb's amount listed under March. The royalty is correct, but the month is wrong. No Feb number is listed.

It's been that way all month. Is it just me?

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Joe_Nobody said:
On my Pubit (pronounced locally as Pubic with a t) "My Sales" tab, under the Payments Issued section, I see Feb's amount listed under March. The royalty is correct, but the month is wrong. No Feb number is listed.

It's been that way all month. Is it just me?
It's me, too.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think it is because Feb has fewer than 30 days.  IIRC, they pay within 30 days of the end of a month.  So that payment showed up March 1 or 2.  Perhaps whatever software generates the PubIt webpage looks at month/year but not the day when deciding what to call a payment.  If I am right, the next payment will be called March as well.  

ETA: But there was a payment labeled Feb 2012.  So maybe they paid earlier last year? 

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As we used to say in the military, "confidence is low."

With the odd sales reporting cycles of Pubit and the constant banter on their forum about unreported sales, I would think they would take steps to make things as professional and accurate as possible.

Now I've got to go find my tinfoil. I hate that. It messes up my boyish locks.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
The reason is because the wire transfer occured in March rather than the end of February. This is for December's sales, and it happens because February only has 28 days. You get paid 60 days after the close of that month's sales. January had 30 days, but February had 28, so that's 58 days. As a result, the money came on March 2, which made it a March payment, not a February payment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts