Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I log into KDP, I get a page that says it's down for scheduled maintenance.

OK, that can happen, and isn't what I'm talking about.

The page has a box with the same message in a number of "languages". Watch this:

English

Thank you for visiting Kindle Direct Publishing. At this time, KDP is unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. We expect the site to be available again within approximately two hours. Thank you for your patience.

Deutsch

Scisco humo et molior ut saepius vicis commoveo eu erat in hendrerit cui hendrerit ut. Inhibeo mauris velit mara wisi ad diam foras in, ut nullus, commoveo immitto, conventio premo. Aliquam vulpes tation duis feugait duis autem ullamcorper, suscipit feugiat caecus.

Español

Occuro tation euismod iriure os commodo quis, duis, nibh multo nulla defui acsi, mos. Feugait quae blandit vel macto abluo mauris. Multo antehabeo blandit enim quidem, pagus cui multo gravis. Et refero, amet decet diam praesent.

Françias

Eligo, vero vulpe dignissim, natu turpis vel indoles proprius tation feugait, capto inhibeo. Exputo hendrerit tation quidem damnum eligo pertineo jus iriure, ut valetudo acsi sagaciter importunus pecus. Melior bis duis turpis vel adsum, luptatum, exerci et.

Italiano

Ingenium consequat abdo consectetuer amet molior. Gemino feugait ex praesent quis eros neo, immitto turpis vulputate singularis, illum reprobo, ex decet. Autem, tristique ex, facilisi laoreet nonummy refoveo magna dolore sit nostrud blandit utrum gravis, ille.

Uhm... WTF, KDP?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah I got that too. There was a note at the top for the last few days about the maintenance. As for the languages? I dunno.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
Well, yeah, but in case you hadn't noticed, that ain't German, French (they can't even spell it correctly), Italian or Spanish.

Uhm. really, this smells like a hacker attack.
oH.

oh dear.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
When I log into KDP, I get a page that says it's down for scheduled maintenance.

OK, that can happen, and isn't what I'm talking about.

The page has a box with the same message in a number of "languages". Watch this:

English

Thank you for visiting Kindle Direct Publishing. At this time, KDP is unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. We expect the site to be available again within approximately two hours. Thank you for your patience.

Deutsch

Scisco humo et molior ut saepius vicis commoveo eu erat in hendrerit cui hendrerit ut. Inhibeo mauris velit mara wisi ad diam foras in, ut nullus, commoveo immitto, conventio premo. Aliquam vulpes tation duis feugait duis autem ullamcorper, suscipit feugiat caecus.

Español

Occuro tation euismod iriure os commodo quis, duis, nibh multo nulla defui acsi, mos. Feugait quae blandit vel macto abluo mauris. Multo antehabeo blandit enim quidem, pagus cui multo gravis. Et refero, amet decet diam praesent.

Françias

Eligo, vero vulpe dignissim, natu turpis vel indoles proprius tation feugait, capto inhibeo. Exputo hendrerit tation quidem damnum eligo pertineo jus iriure, ut valetudo acsi sagaciter importunus pecus. Melior bis duis turpis vel adsum, luptatum, exerci et.

Italiano

Ingenium consequat abdo consectetuer amet molior. Gemino feugait ex praesent quis eros neo, immitto turpis vulputate singularis, illum reprobo, ex decet. Autem, tristique ex, facilisi laoreet nonummy refoveo magna dolore sit nostrud blandit utrum gravis, ille.

Uhm... WTF, KDP?
The computer ate someone's Latin homework.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here is how the "French" translates:

I prefer, however, fox brush, old or ugly character feugait proper form, try to USE. FATHOM Bureau tation damage indeed reached the right to pick Search, as accurate as if a nuisance animal health. Better twice home base or to assist, value, and training.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
That looks like the gibberish that website designers use to fill in space that will be filled with content. (Many use latin, but that ain't latin.) Perhaps they just forgot to fill it in.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Character development PLUNGE Retail construction management. Geminus feugait from Recurring job Neo, send unique base paper, reject it, of becoming. Now, the tank, pump flow items refresh us great pain and a severe lack of it, he.
Sounds like Italian to me.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Yep, it was Latin folks, used by web developers as place holders because they ASSUME no one reads it anymore. I took 4 years, so while, no I can't translate that without a dictionary and some serious notes from middle school and high school on the irregular conjugation of verbs, I can at least recognize the endings.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I got that earlier tonight. I didn't read the languages close up though. Thought it was normal maintenance. But yeah, it's back up now.  :D Found out I sold another book tonight. Worth waiting for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts