Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious - I registered just to see what they were all about, but I am still lurking.

The format seems to be harder to navigate than this board (I'm afraid Harvey has ruined me for any other message board) and they appear to be very strict on certain things - movie speculations are forbidden, one-line responses that don't add to the discussion are frowned upon, and off-topic messages should be reserved for the weekend (?). All newbies are on 'probation' and the moderators monitor their messages for a certain amount of time.

They are also doing a book club - members take turns to analyze the chapter(s) of the week, and then everyone else can chime in afterwards. They are somewhere around chapters 58-60 of DoA right now.

Some of the members have mentioned having Kindles, so I was wondering if that was anyone here?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not me. I'm struggling to keep up with the blogs, boards, social networking sites, etc., while still having time to read, and am trying to sort out best ones. I've previously found yahoo sites difficult.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow...their forum sounds way to strict for my tastes. 
(As this is a one liner that may, or may not contribute to the discussion and is slightly off topic, should I have waited to post it until the weekend?!?!)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BambiB said:
Wow...their forum sounds way to strict for my tastes.
(As this is a one liner that may, or may not contribute to the discussion and is slightly off topic, should I have waited to post it until the weekend?!?!)
well, it's a weekday but it's after 6pm, so we'll let you slide...

Oh, and another thing - they don't want you to discuss any of the Echo in the Bones excerpts that DG has posted on her website, which is one of the reasons I joined the group in the first place.

And you can't read any of the messages unless you become a member.

Harvey deserves to be knighted.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You guys are banned from the yahoo group and sentenced to spend all your free time on the Kindleboard.
Sounds sweet to me.

·
Registered
677 Posts
farmwife99 said:
You guys are banned from the yahoo group and sentenced to spend all your free time on the Kindleboard.
Sounds sweet to me.
Awww Mom! You never let us have any fun. :p

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
luvmy4brats said:
Try the Yahoo OutlanderGathering. They seem to be much friendlier. I don't often post, but I get the messages in Digest.
The one I'm lurking in is Outlandish Voices.

Here is another excerpt from the welcome message -

"Our group started in January 1999, and now has over 900 members, so a few guidelines are needed to avoid chaos. List traffic can get really heavy, like 50+ messages a day"

wow. yeah, that could get chaotic...?

farmwife99 said:
Sounds sweet to me.
We'll all be in good company!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
tlshaw said:
Mel Gibson should be Colum - am I banned now? ;D
Mel Gibson is worth getting banned.

luvmy4brats said:
Try the Yahoo OutlanderGathering. They seem to be much friendlier. I don't often post, but I get the messages in Digest.
Heather, have you listened (text to speech) on Bella, yet? How does it say things like mo duinne or broch tuaroch?

bosslady said:
wow. yeah, that could get chaotic...?

We'll all be in good company!
Yeah, chaotic. Maybe you should invite them all over here. We know how to handle that kind of chaos. :D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Gertie,

I haven't. But for you, I'll test it out tonight...

<I shudder at the thought..Davina Porter IS the voice of all things Outlander>

Only for you though..and if I have nightmares it's on your shoulders!!!
Will this get me off the hook?

ConnieK said:
I think Heath Ledger would have been great as Jamie. Agree about kate Winslet.
You're right. Heath would have been great. What a waste.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts