Kindle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
I have a Varidesk (http://www.amazon.com/Height-Adjustable-Standing-Desk-VARIDESK-Plus/dp/B00JRJBP6I/) and I'm really happy with it, but I don't use it all the time. I use it as the docking station for my laptop, so I spend part of the day standing and part of the day sitting. The Varidesk does transition from being a standing desk to a lower desk, but I do find it uncomfortable for sitting, so if I want to sit, I usually just take my laptop to the kitchen table or to my recliner in the den.

I'm new to all of this so I still struggle to write while standing. I'm too fidgety with my feet to concentrate very well. I've only been using it since January, though, so I'm in the process of transitioning. (And they definitely say you should transition when you do it and not just try to go full time right off the bat.!)

I have been using the 28 Day Stand Up and Work Challenge, which helps by sending you a timer in your e-mail each morning that increases your standing time by twelve minutes each day. I haven't used the timer every day, but it's definitely a help to have that when I want to keep an eye on my standing time, and keep trying to increase it. You can always use timers from previous days if you're not ready to move ahead to a longer time yet.

I've been a website developer since the mid to late-90s, so I've developed a lot of issues with my lower back and hips thanks to sitting WAY too much of the time. I'm determined to try to start reversing some of that damage by standing to work more and more as I am able.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.