Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you keep your Kindle on your bookshelf with all of your DTB's? I keep mine there because my bookcase is enclosed in glass and cat proof. Where do you guys keep yours?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
On the couch beside me, on my night stand, in my purse.  Just depends on where I am at the moment. 
deb

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
drenee said:
On the couch beside me, on my night stand, in my purse. Just depends on where I am at the moment.
deb
I'm like Deb. My kitchen table (where I am right now), my office desk, my purse, and next to my bed on the little dresser. That's about it. Always close by.

L

·
Registered
552 Posts
Never far away but most often on my nightstand.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, at night, because I ahve a cat with a magnetic collar I find it best to slip him into my book case in between Rice and Rowling.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I keep mine on the floor, leaning against the wall by my recliner. My 10-month old naps in my lap twice a day, and that's when I read! I don't have a table next to that chair, so it's in a safe place where I can easily reach it, even though it sounds like a strange place to put it. LOL.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I doubt if your DTBs will resent the kindle, after all they are aware your love of reading has just moved to a different level  ;)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
I doubt if your DTBs will resent the kindle
It isn't a question if the DTBs will resent the K. The question is how can you insult your Kindle by placing him with all those dirty, musty, yucky (a technical term) old books. The Kindle might become insulted and not turn your page! :D

Steve

·
Registered
545 Posts
Mine is all over the house. Wherever I am or was last is where the Kindle is. The only place I generally do NOT have it is in my office. The temptation to ignore work and read is just too great! LOL

EllenR

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I don't think it is blasphemy to keep your Kindle safe.  :) Mine is all over the house.  I always put it up, like on a coffee table, in my purse, on the nightstand, etc.  I would hate to trip over it or accidentally step on it.  My Kindle is always in a case.  Having said that, I don't have a pet or children living in my home.  Just my DH. . .! 

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Mine is with me always.  On the end table of the living room, then to my bedside table while I sleep (and where she may charge if she needs it), then into her BorsaBella travel bag to go to work with me (we read together at lunch every day).  Then head home to the same places!

This thread has really made me think about the fact that since I got Sookie in early February, she has gone with me everywhere ever since....wow.  I hadn't realized!

·
Registered
780 Posts
ladynightshade said:
Yeah, at night, because I ahve a cat with a magnetic collar I find it best to slip him into my book case in between Rice and Rowling.
The cat or the Kindle? ;D

Mine stays on the end table or nightstand or in my bag so I don't forget to take it with me to work the next day. So far my cats and dogs don't show much interest in it.

Lynn L

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't like to leave mine out on my nightstand because the cat walks across it every night.

My nightstand has a drawer with a knob on it. I keep mine in it's Borsa Bella case and hang it on that knob. Keeps the cat away and keeps it close by so it's ready to take with me when I leave the house.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My kindle is usually on the kitchen table, nightstand, sofa etc.  Basically it just follows me around.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My Kindle is either on the nightstand, the sofa, goes to all doctor's appts, softball tournaments(read between my daughter's games), basically wherever I am the Kindle is sure to follow....except the shower of course!! LOL!!

G

·
Mine is either on my nightstand, on my desk in my home office, on the coffee table, or in my purse. It goes everywhere with me.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Mine also follows me around.  I try not to leave it on the bed, the chairs or on the floor--there have been reports by KB members of sitting and stepping on their Kindles.  And I don't keep it on the dining room table any more after hubby splashed a drop of water on the screen.  :eek:  So if it's not in my purse or tote, it's on an end table or shelf.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Mine is either in my purse, on my lap, or on my nightstand :)

Is it blasphemy that last night I CHOSE to read a DTB INSTEAD of my Kindle? I just had this desire to finish my DTB instead of read my current Kindle novel......I felt......dirty ;) ;D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts