Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote a series of novellas about a new kind of undercover detective. Now I've compiled them in one volume. Do you think I should delete the individual novellas and just offer the compilation? I would actually prefer people to read all of them now. But what's the marketing word on this one? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Thanks in advance, folks.

G

·
You'd probably lose sales from people who are interested in trying out one of the books but not buy them all at once...

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I definitely wouldn't do that. Put links in all of them back to the collection so that you can increase the collection's visibility. Give the individual novellas away fror free, too, as a way of building interest in the series. Those individual books are a great asset in terms of marketing the set.

Good luck!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Maybe offer the first novella for free, price the rest to sell (99 cents?), and sell the collection for a higher sum. That way you're offering a free teaser to get readers hooked and giving them the option of buying as they go or in bulk.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Echoing what the others have said, I would leave the novellas out there and change the individual blurbs to mention that the novella is also available as part of this or that collection.

For example, I have a couple of crime shorts which are also available in a collection along with some bonus stories. The collection sells better than the individual shorts, but the shorts sell as well.

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
What everyone else said. I'd keep selling the seperate novellas and the collection. More works out there just means more opportunities for new readers to stumble across them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts