Kindle Forum banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Atunah said:
I could send you 20 degrees of warm air today and still have plenty left. 8)

96.6 right now. Its like a Sauna outside. And I was trying to grow some spinach in my Earthboxes. :-\. The seedlings do not look happy, even in the shade. The peppers are singing hallelujah on the other hand. ;D. Now I just need to get rid of the darn aphids that came out in the thousands because of this fast hot weather. I don't think I have ever seen that many bugs on one leaf, every leaf.

I'll get a little break starting tomorrow at 87. By the weekend, back to 94. I might as well get used to it.
The same procedure as every year.
We'll take the 20 degrees of heat! That would put both of us in the "happy medium" category. ;D It seems it's usually too cold or too hot these days...hard to find the perfect spot for very long. But I feel lucky every time I hear about tornados tearing up towns....I'll take the cooler weather instead.

Hope you get some relief soon, Atunah! I can't imagine if it is already that hot, what does July look like?? :eek:

·
Registered
New crime fiction series.
3,523 Posts
Mid 80s here, so it was hot enough to crank up the AC - San Francisco style, meaning, I had to use the long stick thingy to open up the roof panel windows:

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Ha, that's funny Alan. That is it as far as AC with you guys? I groan each year with the money we have to pay just to keep from melting around here. But then I know the other extreme well, having grown up in Bavaria. I think the only AC anyone had there was my brother in the computer room at his job. And it was a free standing one. Cars don't have AC there either. At least none of ours did. The more expensive ones may have some climate control thingy.

I would have been more happy with a medium, but I had no choice in picking where I was going to live. Texas would not have been on the top of my list. ;D

·
Registered
New crime fiction series.
3,523 Posts
Atunah said:
Ha, that's funny Alan. That is it as far as AC with you guys? I groan each year with the money we have to pay just to keep from melting around here. But then I know the other extreme well, having grown up in Bavaria. I think the only AC anyone had there was my brother in the computer room at his job. And it was a free standing one. Cars don't have AC there either. At least none of ours did. The more expensive ones may have some climate control thingy.

I would have been more happy with a medium, but I had no choice in picking where I was going to live. Texas would not have been on the top of my list. ;D
San Francisco weather is mostly like Spring/Fall all year round. It never gets too hot or too cold, so it's nice, but none of the houses have A/C, at least I've yet to see one with A/C. You don't need it. It does get chilly, but having moved from Minnesota they don't really know what cold is here. Minnesota had both extremes below zero in the winter, snow, ice, and then very hot and humid in the summer. SF is just nice and steady all year round.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Here we go again. Groan. Like all this rain wasn't bad enough here in Texas,

its currently 99.3 degrees and feels like 110 it says. :eek:. Come on, its May.

Ugh

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Atunah said:
Here we go again. Groan. Like all this rain wasn't bad enough here in Texas,

its currently 99.3 degrees and feels like 110 it says. :eek:. Come on, its May.

Ugh
Now we get both hot and humid.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
86 and rising here on the treasure coast. I think it's actually hotter inside than outside. I have the a/c set at 78 and rarely put it lower than that.

It's also been dry, dry, dry. Very little rain although there is some nice cloud build-up from time to time. Such a tease.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
And this morning woke up to low 60's and a storm.
Gotta love Texas weather.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Its already 87 and not quite 10 am. Feels like 97. That is often the problem here, its so sticky and heavy it feels hotter than it is. We are getting storms apparently again late afternoon and evening. Or so it says. Cause the one thing we really need is more rain.  :-X

At least we have grass on the grounds now with all that rain. We have had years were all there was was dirt and dried hay. There were spots and areas I thought for sure they'd never have any grass ever again. But its all green now. Well mostly.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Atunah said:
Its already 87 and not quite 10 am. Feels like 97. That is often the problem here, its so sticky and heavy it feels hotter than it is. We are getting storms apparently again late afternoon and evening. Or so it says. Cause the one thing we really need is more rain. :-X

At least we have grass on the grounds now with all that rain. We have had years were all there was was dirt and dried hay. There were spots and areas I thought for sure they'd never have any grass ever again. But its all green now. Well mostly.
3 years ago we could not beg for rain. Now, it is the opposite. I am out in the desert and the ground out here is mushy.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Atunah said:
Its already 87 and not quite 10 am. Feels like 97. That is often the problem here, its so sticky and heavy it feels hotter than it is. We are getting storms apparently again late afternoon and evening. Or so it says. Cause the one thing we really need is more rain. :-X

Rain doesn't stop soon here, I'll be growing rice in my yard.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
intinst said:
Rain doesn't stop soon here, I'll be growing rice in my yard.
Ha, yeah.
We just got another thunderstorm so thunder lighting and oh goody, more rain. Already got the flash flood alarm on my phone. And it looks there is more coming behind that wall.

and there went the power and my router. I just wait to I hit post until it comes back. Sigh.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
crebel said:
Since Arkansas is the #1 rice-growing state in the U.S., that seems appropriate!
True, I won't have to go far for seed, but I don't know if I can get a combine through my gate to the back yard come harvest time!

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
SteveHarrison said:
It's 11am on Sunday here in Sydney, Australia, and the temperature is 13 degrees C (about 65F) which is freezing and about as cold as it ever gets during daytime here. And it's not even winter until tomorrow!

PS: I'm not expecting any sympathy :)
Shall we all send this guy about 5 degrees and some rain?

101 - 120 of 143 Posts