Kindle Forum banner

Is it just me?

5K views 52 replies 32 participants last post by  Mom of 4 
#1 ·
Honestly, I had not even heard of a Kindle except in passing, my sister mentioned she thought she wanted one for Christmas but when her husband went to order it for her the backorder was too long.

Then, a week ((Still can't believe that's all it was) ago I went to Amazon, looked around, explored the forum just a bit, saw the link here, came, ordered.

Then, the big announcement......... now I'm coming here every day after work. I can't STAND it, I go ahead and take advantage of the used Kindles being sold.
(It should be here soon. Please.........)

I start coming here during lunch at the office. Pretty soon I'm checking in.......just a quick peek, mind you, I certainly would not waste work time.........
I'm visiting every night.............staying up late just reading here................ running behind in the mornings because I just have to see what I might have missed in the past few hours...........

Today, I swear, I must have spent at least six hours on this site.

Even without my Kindle here yet, I have somehow become obsessed with something I have only seen in pictures.

I have a list (well, okay then, a catalog) of books I intend to download first. I have, I feel sure, increased by a thousand the hits on any Kindle accessory site on the Web. If I were to join the all book klubs that interest me I would have to quit my job and clone myself to keep up.

And, I haven't even gotten mine yet.

You guys are killing me!!

(I love it here)

See less See more
#5 ·
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!

#12 ·
We have an enabling addiction group here - it is called kboards.com be sure and join  ;D

I am not waiting, and I spend way too much time here, actually am spending more time here than reading on my kindle ARGHHH I've got book klub books to read  :eek:

#13 ·
Welcome to the Klub, many of us here suffer from the same addiction.  And there's a good chance that when it gets closer to your delivery date, you will be spending even more time here.  Everyone here will help you through it (by telling you about all the accessories you can buy) and wait with you and chuckle a little knowing that every time a truck drives through your neighborhood you will be at the door looking for that big brown truck.  

And when your baby Kindle arrives your addiction to KindleBoards will not diminish.  Even though you'll want to be reading on your new little gadget, you will be here talking about how wonderful it is, asking questions, giving advice, and generally bullsh*ting.  

I went through it with my Anabel K (my K1) and now I'm going through it with my K2.  

Hello, my name is Kim and I'm a KB addict.

#14 ·
Ive been a registered user for 2 days........slightly less than actually and already I've logged 11 hours 32 minutes on this site.........somehow I wish It DIDN'T tell me that because now I know just how addicted I really am!!!

I could claim I'm patiently waiting for my K2.......but in reality I'm pulling out my own hair in anticipation and the kindle boards are an attempt to keep me sane!

#16 ·
pomlover2586 said:
Ive been a registered user for 2 days........slightly less than actually and already I've logged 11 hours 32 minutes on this site
Oh, good. You've made me feel SO much better! I joined yesterday and I'm already up to four hours and something. Now I don't feel so bad!

And yeah, I wish that little statistic weren't there . . . .

#18 ·
kim said:
..... Everyone here will help you through it (by telling you about all the accessories you can buy) and wait with you and chuckle a little knowing that every time a truck drives through your neighborhood you will be at the door looking for that big brown truck.....
Oh. My. Gosh.! What if it comes while we are at work? It'll be all alone, here, on the porch. Possibly ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!

That's it. I'm calling in sick until it arrives.

Priorities, you know.

#19 ·
Anju said:
We have an enabling addiction group here - it is called kboards.com be sure and join ;D

I am not waiting, and I spend way too much time here, actually am spending more time here than reading on my kindle ARGHHH I've got book klub books to read :eek:
Anju - ain't that the truth! There just isn't enough time in the bloody day. I don't spend as much time on the boards as I'd like to, don't have enough time to read much new stuff (although I'm catching up on Outlander - did you hear that, Gertie?), *and* don't have time to write any new stuff. Need more hours in the day for Kindling - it would be a lot easier if we didn't have to worry about this barbaric custom called "work"... ;D

#20 ·
Trust me, you guys aren't alone, there are lots of us addicts around here.

If it weren't for this board I would have to drive to amazon and take them all hostage until they gave me my K2, or until my meds kicked in and returned the illusion of normalcy that is my life, waiting for IT to arrive.

#21 ·
I don't have to worry about it sitting all alone on the porch, I talked to my brother(a ups driver) and he promised to intercept it for me if I give him the tracking number.  Of course that just means I spend more time looking at amazon, waiting for them to ship so I can get that number!

#23 ·
kreelanwarrior said:
Need more hours in the day for Kindling - it would be a lot easier if we didn't have to worry about this barbaric custom called "work"... ;D
::)Fortunately - I'm retired ;D ;D ;D but that is NO EXCUSE for you to not write! Do we need to give you a kilt wedgie ?
Gertie/Betsy do you have a dunce hat for our boy?

Maybe once these folks get their k's they will be busy reading and not posting for us to read ;)

#24 ·
Welcome, Bailey. So glad to have you here and join us all in our Kindle obsession. These boards are truly a lifesaver and have helped me keep my mind more than once...especially after dealing with the insanity at some other Kindle sites out there on the Internets.

I have been part of a variety of online Internet communities over the years but I have to say, this is one of the nicest and friendliest groups of people I have had the pleasure of interacting with. That's a big part of the reason why I can't stay away. KBoards, first thing in the morning, last thing at night....and way too much time in between. Oh well, there are worse things I could be doing.

L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.